Pregnant after 35
Options

Any ladies 40+ and pregnant?

Hi there,

New here, and just wanted to say hello! I'm Lisa, and this is my second pregnancy. I am 44 years YOUNG, and I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. This was totally planned and we did two rounds of IUI to get here. We are beyond thrilled!

Just goes to show that you can still teach an old uterus new tricks!

Hi to all my fellow 40+ yr old preggos, and we're in this together. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any ladies 40+ and pregnant?

• Options

Congrats and welcome! 

I'm 39 and this is our first, we had a loss last year.  

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    JJ1973JJ1973 member
    40 and will be 41 at the time of delivery (assuming everything is on time and not early). This will be my second. I had two very early losses this past year, but this one stuck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there, this is our first, a natural surprise after 14 years of marriage! We will both be first-time parents at 40 and 42.. We stopped preventing pregnancy 2 years ago and decided to see what would happen. I also transferred to a MUCH less stressful school and the timing was great--conceived in Oct. and will have the baby any day now (summer vacation). Good luck to you and everyone else on this thread! 
  • Options
    No longer pregnant, but I just had our third on 4/30 at the age of 43.  She was a surprise addition for us but we couldn't be happier.  GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    Congrats, how wonderful! I'm 40 and pregnant with our first after several losses. Due November 25 and get to find out the sex tomorrow! Welcome to the board!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the group!!  I am also 44 years young and our PG was planned and took almost 4 years to get to this point.  Looking forward to getting to know you!! 
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    43 and thanks for starting this thread!  I was beginning to think I was the oldest pg lady here.  This will be our second and we also have a 15 year old.  We haven't used birth control since she was born and figured it wasn't going to happen - surprise!
  • Options

43 here, with a planned pregnancy, no assistance (found out the day before our first appoint with the RE, in fact!).

I'm glad to see other 40-somethings - I was starting to feel like the old lady around here!

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Options

I had my first baby in my early 40s and am now pregnant with #2. I was happy, active, and felt great for most of the first pregnancy (My son was late, and I went hiking with my husband on his due date).  Hoping for another smooth, trouble-free 9 months.

Best of luck to all the 40-somethings.  You're only as old as you feel!

• Options
    AmyM72AmyM72 member
    Congrats and welcome, I'm hoping that baby girl comes before my 41rst birthday in August, but I guess we'll see Smile
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    Hey there and welcome
    I am not 40 yet but will be when this one is born. This is my second and I am just happy to be here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 41 and will be 42 when I deliver our first! We did IVF.
  • Options
    Happy to see so many 'old ladies' here! 40 is the new 20, right? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

imagetarheelpixie:
    43 and thanks for starting this thread!  I was beginning to think I was the oldest pg lady here.  This will be our second and we also have a 15 year old.  We haven't used birth control since she was born and figured it wasn't going to happen - surprise!

I also have a teen. He will be 15 in January. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am 41, but will be 42 when I am due.  This will be our first.  And after finding out yesterday that it is a boy, we will definitely trying to have another after this one so I can hopefully have a girl, too.
  • Options

I went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and had a new hygienist. We started talking and she shared that she was 15 when her little brother was born and he's been her world ever since (in a good way).  They are really close and she also said he keeps her mom young.

Nice when the right person crosses your path at the right time - it was a relief to talk to her today. 

• Options
    I'm in the 40+ club too. I have a 23 year old daughter and an 18 year old son. This is a second marriage for both my husband and I. We've suffered three miscarriages and had given up on having a child. And then, surprise! Our son was conceived naturally and all of our genetic testing has come back in the normal range. We're really thrilled. Congratulations to you and to all of the other 40+ moms here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!  I am a FTM due in October and am 41 years young.

• Options
    I'm 40, surprised and happy to be pregnant with my 2nd : My DS is 2.

This baby is due at the end of December, a few weeks before I turn 41.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    I'm due with my first on my 40th birthday!  
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm 40 and FTM. Was 39 when we conceived. Very excited about this stage of life. Guess I'm a late bloomer...or put career first or something like that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats, I just turned 44 and am almost 20 weeks, we're having a boy!  I also have a 13 year old son and a 20 year old stepson. Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm also 44 (45 when LO is delivered) - this was a complete shock to us.  We have 15 and 12 year old DD's and a 4 year old DS.  I had him at 40 and thought he was my big surprise in life... nope!  We are having another boy which evens out our family just perfectly!
    Jessica (44) married to DH (50) for 17 years DD - 3/27/98 DD - 01/11/01 DS - 09/30/08
  • Options
    niksuzniksuz member
    Congrats all!  I was so happy to come across this post.  My first post here and Im happy to day that I am 42 and 6 weeks pregnant.
  • Options
    I conceived naturally at 41 first pregnancy and had a healthy baby boy 11 weeks ago at 42. Good luck to all the 40ers here!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    Hi our stories are the same! I am 42 years old first pregnancy for us. We were not trying but not preventing it from happening. Our little miracle will be born December 13 th. Just found out we are having a boy!

When is your due date? Congrats to you on your new little addition.

Regards,
    Dawn from New Jersey
  • Options

Hello,

I am 45 and just found out I am pregnant again after two miscarriages probably caused by low progesterone levels.  Immediately found a wonderful and caring fertility doc and he put me on progesterone supplements, baby aspirin, a light steroid for autoimmune issues and a blood thinner.  Everything seems to look good so far.  Great sonograms, good heartbeat.  Due February 11, 2014.  Have grown kids, so this should be an adventure!  This will be a true miracle if he or she makes it all the way into this world!

Sherri from Dallas 

• Options

Hi

I just found out I was pregnant on Saturday.  I am 41years old and my husband is 50.  We are so excited but I am really worried about everything going well.  I am an avid runner and have continued to run but not sure if that si the smartest thing to do being so much older.  I am looking forward to reading everyones posts. 

• Options
    Hi and congrats to all. I'm 42 and pregnant with my 3rd. I have daughters 23 and 16. I'm 9 weeks and having a pretty easy pregnancy compared to previous pregnancies. It's so nice to read the success of 40 ladies. Here's to H and H babies for all of us.
  • Options
    I'm 43 & will be 44 at the time of delivery in January. We conceived naturally during a break from the Follistim due to hyperstimulation. We're currently 14 weeks along & got the genetic blood tests last week. Everything came back negative/low probablility for issues but I think I'm going to be nervous until our little one is here.  We're so excited though!
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Options
    I'm Suzanne. I'm 47 and naturally pregnant with first. I will be 48 when it is born. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. This has been a total surprise. I haven't been on birth control for about 7 years and really didn't think this would happen. 
  • Options
    I'm 40 and will be 41 when this LO is born.  I'm 4 weeks so brand new pregnancy here.  I also have a DS who is almost 2 :)

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    This thread makes me so happy!  I am pregnant after multiple losses and am 41 (about to turn 42).  Praying for a sticky baby.
    Me-42 DH-43 TTC #1 since 3/11
    HSG 7/11 showed possible blockage
    8/11 BFP, then early m/c  (Natural)
    9/11 blood tests reveal Factor V Leiden (heterozygous)
    11/11 Hysteroscopy revealed uterine septum, which was repaired
    12/11 1st round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN
    1/12 2nd round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN 
    2/12 Repeat HSG=All clear 
    2/12 IUI with injectables #1=BFN 
    3/12 natural cycle=BFN 
    4/12 IUI with injectables #2=C/P 
    7/12 IVF #1=30ER, 9F, 3T, 1 Frostie 7/29=BFP! 
    8/27/12 No Heartbeat. Waiting to M/C 
    9/13/12 D+C
    12/12 Operative Hysteroscopy 
    1/31/12  IVF#2 ...BFP 2/6 m/c 2/12 methotrexate due to presumed ectopic
    July '13 IVF #3: 13R, 10M, 8F=BFP
    1st Beta=549  2nd Beta 594 3rd Beta 422. M/C #5
    IVF#4 in November=BFP…TWINS!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am almost 10 weeks pregnant with our first. (Miscarriage last year) I am 42 and will be 43 when I deliver. And YES, 40 IS the new 30! :)
  • Options
    This is a wonderful thread and an opportunity to get to meet everyone - First, congrats and welcome!  I am 41 and pregnant with our 2nd, due date late in March.  We conceived our first when I was 39, with a bit of "assistance" (clomid and IUI) and so this pregnancy has been quite a surprise as it was, um, spontaneous  8->  I'm really excited now, but more nervous and anxious about everything than I was the first time around.  Make sure you have a supportive OB that is thoughtful and progressive in his/her thought and practice with older mommies, as this will make a huge difference.  That's my 2 cents, good luck and keep posting!
  • Options
    Hello everyone. So excited there are so many out there. I'm 40 and pregnant. (7 weeks) Will be 41 when baby is delivered. This will be my first. I had one miscarriage in 2010.( Unplanned pregnancy with new boyfriend.) Now the same boyfriend is my husband of 3 months and we are expecting. Excited and scared. Hoping for a healthy baby.
  • Options

I turned 40 in June and got my BFP with my first on July 26 and RE confirmed on 7/29. I am 4 weeks exactly as of today. We got pregnant thanks to clomid and IUI. With a little help from synthroid (for my hyperthyroidism), metformin (for my PCOS) and bromocriptine (for my hyperprolactinemia). I go back for my hcg level check again tomorrow morning. They were 52 yesterday which is good, but please pray that they increase as they should.

Thank you for starting this post. It's so reassuring to find other women in the same situation.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hello and congrats! I am 40 and expecting twin girls just before I turn 41 in Nov. DS is 14 months. I agree with PP- find a good OB/midwife who is supportive and not overly dramatic about an AMA pregnancy!
  • Options
    Hello everyone. So excited there are so many out there. I'm 40 and pregnant. (7 weeks) Will be 41 when baby is delivered. This will be my first. I had one miscarriage in 2010.( Unplanned pregnancy with new boyfriend.) Now the same boyfriend is my husband of 3 months and we are expecting. Excited and scared. Hoping for a healthy baby.
    We share a very similar story! I am 41 and 9 weeks pregnant. I will be 42 when baby comes. In Feb 2012, I miscarried at 14 weeks. It was an unplanned pregnancy with my then boyfriend. But we were so devastated when we lost our baby. We are now married and expecting our baby in March. So excited and scared as well. Praying we all have healthy pregnancies, deliveries and babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"