Pregnant after 35
Options

Any ladies 40+ and pregnant?

Re: Any ladies 40+ and pregnant?

• Options
    I'll turn 41 in Sept. and 11 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have a 7 yr old boy and a 10 yr old girl who are thrilled to be getting a little. We waited to tell them until I had my 10 week sonogram. We thought we were done at this stage of our lives and were giving away all the baby items and celebrating the new freedom of having older kids who are ready for more adventure when I went in for a lung infection and my Dr insisted on a pregnancy test before he prescribed a certain antibiotic. I was glad my husband had accompanied me to the appointment because we both almost fainted when the Dr told us it was positive. I didn't want another child, we'd discussed, we'd planned to be done, we thought we were old! Haha! So it took a few days to sink in, by a week we were starting to feel a little excited about it, by 2 weeks we were elated! I was 6 weeks pregnant when I miscarried and heartbroken, I hadn't wanted another child until I thought there was going to be one and then I wanted nothing else in this world more than to have another baby. We decided to see what happened, but considering that I usually only ovulate 3-4 times a year, we expected it to take quite some time if ever. I lost the pregnancy in April, had a normal period in May, then by June I was feeling like my boobs were going to burst into flame and craving avocados for breakfast and tacos at midnight and crying at every commercial that came on TV. I was terrified to take a test, though. Finally, I had my husband pick up a 3 pack of EPT's and decided it was time to know one way or another. It was positive! I'd had issues with low progesterone with both of my kids, and it was low enough with my son to need supplements, so I asked the Dr to test me even before my first OB appointment, and sure enough they called back and said it was 10.8 and they'd rather it be 12, so just to be safe, I've been on them since week 7. Baby measured at 11 weeks at my 10 week sono and was kicking like crazy, heartbeat is strong. I'm optimistically cautious. Glad to know I'm not the only 40+, although my birthday cake did say "Happy 29th Birthday Mommy" and my 10yr old is one super smart girl, so it must be true, right?  :P
  • Options

I love this thread and seeing there are so many others out there around the same age!

I'm 41 and pregnant for the second time (had a mmc at 10w4d back in April). I'm 9w4d today and due on March 3. My birthday is February 28 so if baby hangs on that long I'll be "just" 42 when he/she arrives. One ultrasound so far at 8w4d and there was a strong hb. A relief after the previous mmc!

This will be the first child for both of us - we were married last August - DH is 42. Trying not to think about how old we'll be when baby graduates high school, college, etc.  We're both very excited though!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! I'm not alone :) I just turned 42 on July 8th, and I think I may have conceived around that time too! I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have a 5 year old daughter from my first marriage. I married my best friend (literally...I've known him for 17 years!) on June 23rd. He just turned 44 on June 4th. He has no kids, and I wanted more, so we started trying immediately on our wedding night. I had my period the week of the wedding, so we thought the first week of July would be prime time to try to get pregnant. Well, we got lucky & it worked!! Since we are both "old", we were so happy, because we don't have the convenience of taking our time to try to conceive. So, again, yes, we are over the moon! Good luck to all of us at a "high maternal age" :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi, everyone,

I am happy to see posting on this board. I am 42, and I will be 43 when LO is born. I have a teenager (14) and a toddler (2) already. DH and I have been married for 7 years now. We were TTC our 2 year old for 2 years after Tubal Reversal.  When I got suspicious of missing Aunt Flo and feeling "icky" last month, we just joked about it. We were, therefore, more than a little shocked to see the immediate BFP. H&H 9 months to all!

• Options

Hello,

I am 45 and just found out I am pregnant again after two miscarriages probably caused by low progesterone levels.  Immediately found a wonderful and caring fertility doc and he put me on progesterone supplements, baby aspirin, a light steroid for autoimmune issues and a blood thinner.  Everything seems to look good so far.  Great sonograms, good heartbeat.  Due February 11, 2014.  Have grown kids, so this should be an adventure!  This will be a true miracle if he or she makes it all the way into this world!

Sherri from Dallas 

I'm lurking from PAIF, I am not yet 40, but 37 now, expecting in October.  I saw this thread and I am reading it because I hope that this will not be our only take home baby!  It's inspiring to read about all you moms at 40+.  Anyway, see my siggy for details, but after many failures and disappointments, aspirin, Lovenox and steroids gave us this miracle pregnancy!  Good luck to you.
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi - yes, I am 43 and pregnant with my 3rd . . Due in March and then I will be 44 ! Hoping for the best to all ...
  • Options
    I'm 41 and expecting baby #5. This is my 8th pregnancy though. We had a surprise pregnancy last summer (thought I was going through menopause with hot flashes). Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in m/c. We thought we were done with 4 but after that loss last year we knew we needed to try again. I'm hoping this little one comes on his due date. #1 was a week early, #2 was two weeks late, and #3 & #4 were born on their due dates. My kids range in age from 13 to 5. They are super excited about the new baby.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Joy :) I'm 46 and will be 47 when my little girl is born! I have 5 other children with the oldest being 23 and youngest 6. This pregnancy was a complete suprise!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! I just turned 41 and am 8 wks pregnant! Super excited but finding out how challenging the 1st trimester can be, that's for sure.  I am happy to have found this thread and look forward to interacting here.  My LO is due in March (fingers crossed twice).
  • Options
    I am 42 and this is number 11, 4 by adoption and 6 by birth and DS due in Dec.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. With ALL due respect Samiaf, you must have amazing organizational skills! I'm tripping over toys with one. Bless your heart and Rock On SuperMama!
  • Options
    I'm 41 and pregnant with twins. In 14w3d we have a 4yo and was told we could never get pregnant again. We stopped ivf a year ago. So I guess we showed them
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 45 and 37 wks pg FTM. This was a total surprise to me as I thought I couldnt have kids( have never really used consistent BC)  My pregnancy hasnt been that easy, but my LO is doing great, and  despite having heart palpitations since 28 wks, my OB thinks I can deliver vaginally. I'm pretty nervous about delivery(bc of heart) but am willing to try:) Good luck to everyone out there!! If I can do it, so can you!!
  • Options
    Hi. I am 41, I will be a FTM. Due this fri. I am nervously awaiting his arrival. I wish he would get busy and come on. The waiting is torture! Lol. Congrats to all the other ladies here.
  • Options
    Hi everybody! So thrilled to have joined this site and see others' like me! Yay! I am 41, will be 42 in October and have a 23 year old daughter, 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. I found out last week I am pregnant. Needless, to say, we were completely shocked, but totally thrilled! I'm so looking forward to going through this journey with ya'll. I am due April 25, so I'm only 5 weeks pregnant and a little nervous. I had super rough pregnancies with the last two. Both ended up 4 weeks early and in NICU with premature lungs. I'm hoping that this pregnancy is smooth sailing!
  • Options
    So many of us have similar stories!!!  I am 41 and will be 42 when I deliver in April.  This is my 3rd, and a TOTAL SURPRISE.  I have 2 children from a previous marriage, ages 12 and 10.  It's great to find other women all about the same age going through the same thing.  LOVE IT!
  • Options
    I'm 40, 5weeks pregnant. We've been trying for 2-3 years. We have a 3.5 little boy who is such a blessing. Very excited and still in awe that I can even type this. Thanks for sharing your introductions, it is nice to get to know everyone.

• Options
    44 and should be 45 at delivery unless I deliver early sine my bday is 2 weeks prior to due date. We haven't told anyone except my yoga instructor for safety reasons. I have 2 daughters (both moms) in their 20's, my husband has 4 (8,8,12,15) all here with us.

I've been a surrogate 3x so this will be our 1st, my 3rd and my 6th pregnancy in 25 years. As a gestational surrogate, I've delivered 5 babies for other families; singleton, twins b/b and twins b/g. This time around really feels like the twin pregnancy with the stretching felling in the fufu and on and off nausea of the b/g pregnancy. With my girls I was sick, with the boys, nothing, with the last set, it was here and there.

Been lucky up until the last were born in 2006 and went into active labor just shy of 35 weeks and both were breech, had my first c-section so this will be a vbac.

• Options
    Wow, wendylowwhoknew- that's great.

• Options
    Congrats! I'm 41 and pregnant with my 2nd child through IVF. My first child is from a former marriage and he's 17. People think I'm crazy, but oh well! We're happy! :)
  • Options
    I'm 41 and pregnant for the second time (blighted ovum in Feb this year) via Clomid and IUI. I am at about 5 1/2 weeks and eagerly awaiting my first ultrasound on the 18th. Beta numbers looked MUCH better this time, so I'm letting myself be hopeful. Best of luck to everyone... it's so nice to have a place to interact with people going through the same thing I am.
  • Options
    Hey ladies wondering if anyone had a TERRIABLE Anti-Mullerian test come back at <0.08 I'm SO depressed. Anyone with abnormally low numbers see a reverse in the numbers with wellness tricks and IVF? BTW I'll be 42 on 12/30
  • Options
    Me!!! I'm 40 with my first (ignore my sig info - it's not updating for me). I'm 12w1d. I'm due 6 days before my 41st birthday (EDD is April 19th). 
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    I'll be 41 when I deliver.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I am 10 weeks today and my 41st bday is this Wednesday :)
    Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• Options
    I'm 42 and pregnant with our second with a 21 month old - both IVF babies!
  • Options
    Hello, I am 39 and will be 40 when this baby is born.  I have a 20 year old daughter and a 24 year old son and  a 6 week old grandson.  Woo Hoo!  TTC for almost 5 years with a pregnancy loss last year of twins.  I am so anxious and excited at the same time. 
  • Options

Hi, I am 41 and a FTM.  I was 40 when I got pregnant but turned 41 shortly after.  Will still be 41 when I deliver in January.  Very excited!  25 weeks tomorrow!  Cant wait!

• Options
    I am 41 and will be 42 at delivery time.  This is my fiancee's first child (43), and my 3rd (2 from a previous marriage ages 12 and 10).  I am 12 weeks and just starting to feel like myself again after weeks of nausea.  Can't wait for April!!!

• Options
    40 IS the new 30!!! ; ) Baby dust to all of YOU!!
  • Options
    Hello

I am 39 will be 40 in February.  Hubby is 41 will be 42 in February.  I will be 40 when I deliver.  I MC two weeks after my 39 bday and a week before hubby's.  So hoping this is our rainbow baby!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Hi, I'm Amy - 40, 31 weeks pregnant, FTM, and new here too.  So nice to see other ladies in my age group - glad I found this place.   :D  So congratulations to us all!  
  • Options
    43 year old FTM with baby due May 29, 2014. My birthday is mid-May, so I might be 44, or I could still be 43 if baby delivers early. Maybe we'll share a birthday ! TTC over 5 years with both natural and IVF pregnancies ending in losses. This time is a natural conception after stopping Clomid previous cycle month and waiting for insurance to approve IVF #3. Currently 7w 3d with u/s showing heartbeat a strong 144 bpm. Everyone one is optimistic.
  • Options
    41, expecting baby #3...very much a surprise and blessing! Our daughter is 13 and son 5. Everyone is very excited and looking forward to the babies arrival. 

Congrats to all!
  • Options
    I'm 40 and DH is in his 50s. This is our second together, and I have 3 step-children. My first pregnancy was rough and I hope this one goes smoother. It's so early I haven't even done a ticker yet.

• Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and this is my eight pregnancy-I had a m/c in 1991 at 6/7 weeks, then five living kids ages 20-10, then a m/c in May at 10 weeks. Got BFP last week and am due June 20th.

I'm nervous but happy. I'll exhale when and if I get past the first tri. We were waiting to tell last time, only our kids, our parents, some church friends and a few coworker friends knew. Although, I did end up letting the fellas at work know after I was out for a week with the m/c, they thought something had happened to one of my kids (my already born kids).

If I make it till Christmas, then we're telling all : )
  • Options
    Hello and Congrats ladies, I'm also 42 and pregnant with #3.  I'm due in January of 2014. 
    Good luck to you all!  So happy to hear your stories.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and 28 weeks pregnant with my first. So far so good. Happy and Healthy!
  • Options
    Hello!  I am 40 and will be 41 if this BFP sticks!  I also have a 3 y.o. son. We tried for five months, had a chemical last summer and now this new BFP, so I am cautiously optimistic.  Great to see so many of us here!  I had a RE appointment a week ago, actually, because I was getting worried, and they counted 26 antral follicles, which apparently is great for a 40 y.o.  But then I got an earful of "most of these are abnormal," that I had a 5% chance to conceive per cycle, and that I needed to do IVF with PGD.  Sigh. 
    Me: 40, DH: 39, DS: 3. TTC #2.
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm 45, and I'm pregnant with my second baby after 15 years. :) DH is 46. We are thrilled and ready to go! Almost 25 weeks and counting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"