Potty Training
Options

HELP! 3 1/2 yr old has NEVER went in the potty!!!!

Hi everyone!  I don't come on the bump much anymore, but I could use some help/advice.  My  DD is 3 1/2 yrs old.  I have been trying to potty training her since she turned 2 with NO success!  She has NEVER peed/pooped in the potty even once!  I seriously have tried EVERYTHING!!!  This past January, when she turned 3 I gave it a try again.  She wound up being in the hospital!  She was holding her pee/poop & was having severe belly pain.  Had to give her miralax for a while to get her regular again.  She started out holding her pee/poop until she would sleep for naps/bedtime.  Then she even stopped doing that.  The day she went in the hospital she had been holding her pee for 17hrs!!!  He poop for about 5 days!!  It was crazy!!  I then stopped for a while.  In March, I tried again.  She started to hold her pee again, so I stopped.  I didn't want a repeat of last time!  Here we are, in June, and I am trying again!  She woke up at 7:30am saying she peed, I took her diaper off & put underwear on her.  It is now 1:40 & she has yet to go!  She has had lots to drink.  I know she has to go because she keeps holding herself!  She has sat on the potty a couple times & nothing.  She will sit there & say, "It's coming out!  Here it comes!"  But nothing comes!  Then she tells me it is too hard & won't come out!  I will be putting her in a pull up for nap time, which is around 2 or so.  She will probably pee when she sleeps.  I just don't know what to do anymore!  Everyone keeps telling me she will go when she is ready!  I feel bad because there are certain activities she can't participate in because she isn't potty trained!  I just signed her up for preschool & they told me she can come, but only with a pull up & they will sit her on the potty while she is there.  This is crazy!  When she does wear a diaper or pull up & pees/poops, it doesn't even phase her!  She will sit in it all day long!  She will not have an accident & go in her underwear!  She did it once like a year ago & has never done it again!  Am I doing something wrong?  I don't even know if there is anything else for me to do!  UGH!  Thanks for any help you can give me!!  Sorry this was so long!
BFP#1 11/9/08 m/c 12/31/08 D&E 1/5/09 BFP#2 5/3/09 Emma 1/19/10 BFP#3 7/9/11 Aidan 3/8/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: HELP! 3 1/2 yr old has NEVER went in the potty!!!!

• Options

Just a thought and maybe you have tried this already but I didn't use pull-ups at all when I trained my son. if he pee'd he was wet, this caused multiple bed changes at night and during nap times but he finally did get it because he didn't like being wet. 

I have just started training my daughter (we are on day 3) She seems to have a harder time letting go while sitting on the toilet. I put a layer of TP across the potty seat so she feels like she is sitting on something and not just hanging over an open hole.  This seems to help as it breaks when she pee's and she can see the results.  Also, for poop it kinda squishes against her bum a little like in a diaper but does fall into the potty once there is enough.

I don't know if this could help but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  Good luck!

• Options
    well.... Dont worry, you dont have scruid up,there are kids that take longer. i would suggest is to try to make games, read lots of stories,downloaded a great app called potty training learning with the animals...make a game were all her preferred toys.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This sounds so challenging. I would keep her are bottomed at home during awake hours. And pretend like you don't care if she goes in the potty or not. Don't ask her if she needs to go or remind her to go. Make sure she feels no pressure. And just cross your fingers that she will start pottying on her own. Hopefully when she sees her peers, she will want to use the potty too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi! I would suggest that don't let him use diapers anymore. So that everytime he makes a mess he will feel disgusted, and at that very point explain to him the importance of using a potty. I know it's kinda' hard but you need a lot of patience so that you'll get him potty trained. Anyway there's this app - Potty training with the animals. Just try it. It's fun and I hope you kid will learn from it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"