May 2013 Moms
Options

Bottle suggestions.

We are using Dr. Brown's bottles.

I had read tons of reviews on them and the only problems that were mentioned were leaking of the bottles & cleaning all the parts.

I didn't think that would be that big of a problem for us, but it has gotten really annoying. So, I'm interested in trying a new bottle that is similar to the breast in hopes I can start breastfeeding again.

Suggestion as to which bottles to try? 

April 29, 2013
8 pound 4 ounces
20 1/2"

DX: 2001 Severe Endometriosis 
5/2006: BFP 5/2006: M/C
10/2008: TTC W/Severe Endo
1/2010: 6 cycles with Clomid=all BFN
9/5/2012: BFP 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheCraftyPie/265482416859470

Re: Bottle suggestions.

• Options
    DS2 just took his first bottle today and drank 3 ounces from the Avent bottle with newborn nipple. DS1 would never take any bottles so this one must be good!! LOL
  • Options

We are using Tommee Tippee and he switches back and forth no problem.  We also use the blue enfamil nipples that go on their nursettes and snappies bottles too and he's fine with those as well.  

We had 2 free Similac bottles and he is not really a fan of those.  He has to suck way too hard and just makes a mess.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    all DD has gotten is the medela bottles. I think the flow is too fast so we'll be switching to the tommee tippie next bottle
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have used Tommee Tippee from day one with LO. Right now I'm EBF but we had to supplement feed for awhile with breast milk and he had no issues with TT. Currently we give him a bottle every few days so its easier to transition when I go back to work and again no problems with them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've tried tommee tippee but she did not like them at all. She only took a liking to the similac bottles. I would recommend them - we haven't had a problem with them at all. 
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    Weve tried tommee tippee and medela. The medelas flow may be a little fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemiraclemarie:
    I've tried tommee tippee but she did not like them at all. She only took a liking to the similac bottles. I would recommend them we haven't had a problem with them at all.nbsp;

Exactly the same for my DS. Although the nipple seems too fast so I just bought Dr. Brown's premie bottle and nipple. Can't wait to try.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    I would highly recommend the Playtex drop ins if your going back to work pumping. You can get the adaptor and storage kit to pump directly in the liners that works with Medela and other popular pumps. I had no problems with them for DS1 at all. They are also very slow.

I hated The First Years Breastflow and Avent last time....too many pieces to clean if they weren't just right you had a leak issue.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

imagebethanyreese:
    I would highly recommend the Playtex drop ins if your going back to work pumping. You can get the adaptor and storage kit to pump directly in the liners that works with Medela and other popular pumps. I had no problems with them for DS1 at all. They are also very slow. I hated The First Years Breastflow and Avent last time....too many pieces to clean if they weren't just right you had a leak issue.

I'm actually already back to work. I went back to work at three weeks, but baby comes with me. 

April 29, 2013
    8 pound 4 ounces
    20 1/2"

DX: 2001 Severe Endometriosis 
    5/2006: BFP 5/2006: M/C
    10/2008: TTC W/Severe Endo
    1/2010: 6 cycles with Clomid=all BFN
    9/5/2012: BFP 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheCraftyPie/265482416859470

• Options
    Sorry June mom lurking...

DD hadatch issues and I EPed for a bit. I loved the Breatflow bottles! They were a bit of a pain with the 2 piece nipple but I never had an issue with leaking.

I swear they helped DD's latchor at least helped prevent nipple confusion.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Medea makes a nipple called called Calma...it's 17 but its release is similar to our nipples. You can see it going into their mouth so it's easy to witness the flow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"