October 2012 Moms
Options

How many want to leave sometimes?

How many want to leave sometimes?

I have though about leaving The Bump a lot after Ashley was born but I always keep coming back, it's too entertaining and helpful. How many have thought this also?

Re: How many want to leave sometimes?

• Options
    I feel the same way. I just have to read every post that I might relate to. If I miss a day, I have to go back and read everything lol. Ugh it's so pathetic. But honestly, like someone said in petunias post, I don't have many friends that have kids so I can't relate to most of them as well. Even though you guys are on the Internet, it helps to have others to relate to. I've debated leaving at times, but I keep coming back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Totally it's like crack
    But it makes the work day go a lot faster.
    I did leave for like 3 months when I had mat leave but that wasn't intentional, I just didn't have time

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sometimes I think about it, but I probably won't be leaving any time soon. I do think we need to be careful not to let social media in general rule our lives. DH asks me sometimes, "anything going on on the TB?" That might make us pathetic, but we enjoy talking about issues that come up on here. It's actually been a good conversation starter for us.

• Options
    Absolutely not. Facebook, yes. I cannot leave TB. You people are too wonderdful and helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've thought about it, but the thought passes quickly. I don't post as much anymore because my job is insane, but I still check while I poop. Thank god for Iphones.

I think my pediatrician and the few friends I have with kids would be annoyed with how many questions I've had, that have been answered just from lurking on here.

'She's not sitting yet, is this normal? How to unfreeze homemade baby food? Her poo is green, OMG'.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wally3Wally3 member
    Never thought about it.  I like to check in and see what is going on.  I feel like I check when I have time and when I get busy I don't check for a couple days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecandaceleigh21:
    Absolutely not. Facebook, yes. I cannot leave TB. You people are too wonderdful and helpful.

I second that!! 

• Options
    Sometimes I wonder that since I am not a consistent poster that if I just melted away what would happen.  Would it be for the best?  But really, sad as it is to admit, this is my connection to the outside world.  Without it I would be lost in my ks suburb house with 3 kids making me wonder if I am losing my mind.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have thought about it every now and then. I feel like I get too addicted at times. But I figure that when the time is right I will just start to feel the need to check in less and less until finally I am no longer bumping.
  • Options

imagenavy&violet:
    Sometimes I wonder that since I am not a consistent poster that if I just melted away what would happen.  Would it be for the best?  But really, sad as it is to admit, this is my connection to the outside world.  Without it I would be lost in my ks suburb house with 3 kids making me wonder if I am losing my mind.

Hahaha yup, sadly this is the case... but just my one LO.  

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    I actually did for a few months back in January, and only "came back" recently. Sometimes breaks are good. In the 4 years it's been since joining TB, I've come and gone a few times and it always snaps me back to reality a bit and helps control excessive posting. Honestly, I just couldn't keep up with everything going on here and my crazy 2 year old. Both boys are a handful and I can barely post a couple times a day since all my "spare time" is devoted to working out. I don't know... I know I'd be on here much more if I had a job, since in the past I'd be online all day for work. As a SAHM, it just doesn't happen.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    imageamethystfaire:

I've never posted much (typical lurker), but I left in January and only just came back. Just so happened the whole SAHM/June 2012 thing was going down, so that made for a nice welcome back read. :X

Now I'm playing a bit of catch-up with our board. A lot has changed but stayed the same, especially some people I don't see anymore... or maybe they've changed usernames? I wasn't aware you could change that, otherwise I would have a long time ago.

I'm even reading other month boards when ours is slow. Totally addicting, which was why I left to begin with.

ETA: And sadly, even though I don't post much, I have very, very few friends -- none with children -- here in Montreal (originally from TX). None of my family is anywhere nearby, and on top of that DH's family only speaks French, which I don't speak very well at all and only marginally understand, though I try, so I live vicariously through you ladies. 

*Sigh*

I love love love Montreal.  That's where DH and I went last May for our Babymoon (during the riots!).

Then when I came back to work after Mat leave, I had a new boss, who is kind of from there, too. 

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member

Never once considered leaving TB!

But I did quit FB a few months ago.  I couldn't do FB anymore - it was bringing out so many bad feelings in me about other people.  I feel much better since I quit. 

• Options
    iadanzaiadanza member
    I was a really frequent poster when I was pregnant and then I kind of left for the original FB group since it was easier to keep up with on my phone.  When I got back to work in January I checked in a few times but I was so busy with work I stopped really posting.  Now I lurk from time to time when I'm not too busy at work.  A lot has changed on the board in the last year, and a lot of people have left so I don't feel as at home here anymore...
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageiadanza:
    I was a really frequent poster when I was pregnant and then I kind of left for the original FB group since it was easier to keep up with on my phone.nbsp; When I got back to work in January I checked in a few times but I was so busy with work I stopped really posting.nbsp; Now I lurk from time to time when I'm not too busy at work.nbsp; A lot has changed on the board in the last year, and a lot of people have left so I don't feel as at home here anymore...

Yeah I remember you used to post a lot. The group here has changed a lot but it's a really cool group of people right now. Stay around and post if you can.
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member

imageamethystfaire:
    imageCbeanz:
    Sigh I love love love Montreal. nbsp;That's where DH and I went last May for our Babymoon during the riots!.Then when I came back to work after Mat leave, I had a new boss, who is kind of from there, too.
    LOL, yeah the student riots... We had some marching up and down the street banging pots and pans. Got pretty bad downtown though, even had smoke bombs in the subway at one point. It's nice here, but trying and failing to learn French very well and having none of my family here makes it hard to enjoy as much as I could. Been here for a little over 2 years now. Love the Old Port area though. Gorgeous over there even if it's meant for tourism. Ever hear your boss say tabarnac or calice? Lol the swearing here cracks me up.

We stayed by the art museum and watched a lot of the rioting, 99% of which were students banging pots and pans.  No respect at all for cookware in that city!  HAHA!

My boss hasn't said those words, but maybe I'll try them out on him :-)  he's actually Caribbean French, then went to school at McGill, so even though he lived there for like 10 years he's not Canadian.

How are the winters? 

• Options
    I love having people to obsess over DD2 (everything she does and doesn't do) with! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"