2nd Trimester
Options

Dumbest question ever...but please give me info!

Tomorrow I have a sono, last time we miscommunicated...thought it was going to be internal, it was external, and had to rush and drink water in the office. Tomorrow, I obviously want to be prepared! I leave my job at 4 and get home around 5, my appointment is at 5:15, if I empty my bladder before the car ride, and then drink water the entire drive home, will I be good to go? Thanks for answering this pathetic question.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dumbest question ever...but please give me info!

• Options

yes, you will....thats what I do on my way from work too!  

• Options
    I have always been told to have it filled about 2 hours in advance. My doctor's office is about 1/2 hour away so I drink a juice box or something on the road just in case I don't have enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doc doesn't require a full bladder for an external so you may not even need one.
  • Options
    I want to say that when I looked at paperwork for my last one, it said you had to drink the fluids 45 minutes beforehand. But I'm not sure why the when part matters.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You will be good if you drink water on your way home. Just FYI, by this point, you don't need your bladder to be completely full. Just stay hydrated and you will be good. :)
  • Options

imagelaurasue:
    My doc doesn't require a full bladder for an external so you may not even need one.

This!  But I would give it 2 hours between potty breaks to be sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    I've been told the full bladder things isn't necessary anymore. I'm not sure if it's true everywhere but when I went for my anatomy scan she said I didn't need a full bladder.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that it takes 30 minutes for liquids to turn into pee.
  • Options
    At 11 weeks, I had an unexpected u/s and my bladder was EMPTY (I could have squeezed out a few drops perhaps).  The tech could see everything fine - she said that it really didn't matter if my bladder was full or not.
  • Options
    they always ask me to empty my bladder for a sono.. hmmmm
  • Options
    my dr told me that for my big u/s i will be far enough along that i wont need a full bladder to see the baby anymore.  I would say drink on your way there and you can always empty right before if you need to where as the other way around would be a little more difficult lol
    BFP#1 - 10/09, DS born 6/17/10 BFP#2 - 09/12, EDD 6/6/13, MMC 10/31/12 @8w5d, D&C 11/30/12 Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I have never needed a full bladder for an ultrasound.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelaurasue:

This.

• Options

imageiris418:
    they always ask me to empty my bladder for a sono.. hmmmm

Me too!!!

• Options

imagekonaboomom:
    You will be good if you drink water on your way home. Just FYI, by this point, you don't need your bladder to be completely full. Just stay hydrated and you will be good. :)

My dr required a full bladder for mine. I have a friend who sees the same dr and didn't have a full bladder...she had drink a ton of water there and wait. So to the OP I would call first thing tomorrow morning and ask what their rules are.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I know I would be!  The combination of water, car ride, cold weather and anxiety would be enough for me.  Good luck tomorrow!
    Live your life to the fullest, Laugh at the things that don't matter, Love with all you've got and more.
  • Options
    I showed up with a full bladder.....ready to go...the tech had been called to another town about 20 minutes away that morning...so he was almost an hour late. At about 45 min I told the nurse I couldn't wait any longer, and she called the tech and he was like "let her go pee and have her drink some water." I peed and drank two of those red plastic party cups - not all the way full - about 10 minutes before he saw me, and we were perfectly fine.
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"