early waker — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

early waker

Our son used to wake up at 6:30 on the dot. The past couple of weeks he started getting up at 5:30 then 5...I figured it could be because the sun is rising earlier but the past couple of nights he has woken up at 4!! If I cuddle him he goes back to sleep but it stinks that he wakes up SCREAMING!!  I miss the days of waking up to him cooing & babbling.

He also hasn't gone down to bed at his usual 7:30. Could his sleep pattern be changing?? 

Re: early waker

• My LO does this every morning. She goes to bed at 9pm wakes at 6am to eat and I put her back in her crib and she plays for 15ish min and goes back go sleep, wakes about 730 and fusses for 5 to 15 min then goes back to sleep till 9am. I would either feed your LO or let them fuss for a good 15 min. If my DD wakes up crying its bc she's still tired.
  • allardrallardr
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

I feel your pain. My LO for awhile was 6:30pm to 4:00 (to eat) then back down til 6:30/7:00, and I loved this! Now she's close to sleeping through without the feeding however then she wakes at 5:30am so she's not quite tired enough to go back to sleep. I would rather her wake earlier to eat then she sleeps later overall. 

Anyway for my LO she makes up for it with a longer morning nap. So maybe just take a nap when LO does if it's extended due to an earlier wake up.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I came on here tonight to ask the same question.  E was always in bed by 7:00pm and wake between 6:00am and 6:30am.  For the last month it's between 5:00am and 5:30am.  I hope it passes soon, I'm going crazy! 
    After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards