Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Whats your story?

I'm watching a rerun of Bridezillas while doing the dishes and this girl has decided on her wedding day she doesn't want to marry her husband because he doesn't buy all-beef hotdogs and he only buys whole milk. (She has since decided to walk down the aisle, fyi)

Anyway, watching this made me think about how happy I am with DH & how much I love him, our wedding, how we met, etc. So tell me, how did you meet YH or SO? I'd love to hear!

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

9/2014 Progesterone test - Perfect

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

Re: Whats your story?

• Options
    We met at a paranormal conference almost four years ago. A week later, I friended him on Facebook. Three months later, he moved to Harpers Ferry to be with me, since there was no way I was moving to Baltimore. We got married 23 months to the day later on June 18th, 2011. Our second anniversary is coming up fast!
  • Options

He was my best friend's roommate, we ended up becoming really great friends, and the three of us moved in together.

About a year later he admitted that he was super into me, and I was all like "zzomg, I'm super into you too!" We kicked my best friend out at the end of the lease, and kept the place to ourselves. We got engaged Jan 2011, found out we were pregnant in March, and moved our wedding up to Aug, 2010. We're coming up on 3 years!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, I used to work with DH's twin sister. I graduated from high school, and worked at a daycare on the college campus I was attending. About a year into working at the daycare, she invited me to her (twin) brother's homecoming (from his mission; they're Mormon). At the time, I was super freaked out because I was worried that he'd try to convert me haha.

Well, I went to the airport (and to the lunch after), and DH and I met. He didn't really say anything to me at first, but then my now SIL and I would go up to her parent's house (where DH was staying until he started college a few months later). We started dating, and then we got engaged several months later, and got married on August 20th, one year and 10 days to the day we met.

We've been married for almost 2 years now, and we have a beautiful little boy, and we're trying to get pregnant again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AmyC925AmyC925 member
    We were set up on a blind double date by friends...who are going to get married soon.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options
    We met in college, almost 8 years ago. It was labor day of my freshman year, his junior year. He was in the student union watching football, and I was there as a third wheel with some friends who just happened to know him. We started dating in November, were engaged by the end of the school year, and married a year after that, a few months after DH graduated. Our sixth anniversary is in July, and I think we get better envy year. Smile

• Options
    DH and I have been together forever haha. We met when I was 16 and he was 17. A big group us went to a local wings place after sophomore exams. We sat across from each other (I didn't know him at that point). 2 months later he messaged me on Myspace (that's embarrassing) saying how he thought I was pretty and he was too nervous to say anything to me in person at the restaurant. He then asked me on a date. I wasn't sure at first but agreed. We went to our high school's football game and the rest is history! :)
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Options
    We met just before we graduated from college. My university didn't offer the senior capstone course for my major, so I had to take it through another university. I choose the university that my H happened to attend. We spent five weeks together for the class and pretty much started dating within two weeks (after I broke up with my BF). We dated long distance (1000 miles) for two and half years before we got engaged.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Options
    My DH and I met through mutual friends in Cocoa Beach, Florida at a weekend long youth event we were volunteering at. I'm from Ontario, he's from Western, New York. We started dating 6 months later long distance, were engaged after another 6 months, and married a year and a half after that. Our entire relationship was long distance. I moved to NY 10 days before our wedding. For the entire 2 years we were dating/engaged we managed to visit for at least a couple days every month. We got married on 10/10/10. :]
  • Options

imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    We met on an online dating website. Romantic, right? Haha

Ahem. My DH and I met on myspace....::hangs head in shame:: 

Klassy I know. <3 

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options

He was my tennis instructor!

We didn't date until years later, but that's how we originally met  

• Options
    Aw, I love all of these stories! I'm a sucker for love. <3

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Options
    We met when we were 10 yo. He came with his friend, my cousin to a get together.

I him in the head with a water balloon. He then told my cousin that my name was weird, to which my cousin replied, "You like her, don't ya?"

We've been abusing each other ever since.

True story. We even told it during our wedding ceremony, at which my cousin was part of and still claims credit for bringing us together.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options

My dh and I met VERY briefly at a mutual friends party.  He had just gotten out of a long relationship and so had I.  He asked the mutual friend at their 4th of July party what I was doing that weekend and why I wasn't at their party.  They told him I was at concerts all weekend (was a 2 night DMB concert).  

He got really excited because he was going to the 2nd night of the DMB concert the next day, so he asked for my number! 

Fast forward to the next night at the concert.  I was tailgating with some friends, my phone was in the car which I happened to go to to grab a sweatshirt at the same time my cell phone (which was on the front sea)t started ringing.  I picked it up and it was HIM, the "hot guy" (which I called him after that first night I met him briefly).  I was so excited!! We wandered around for an hour through the parking lots until we found each other (which is harder than it sounds), the rest is history.

Needless to say he planned on transferring from Rhode Island College to Keene state when school started back in September but decided to stay in RI :) and I am glad he did.

We got to meet Dave Matthews last summer and we got to tell him our story which was really cool :) 

• Options

We first met when I was in 8th grade and he was a Junior. He was a high school youth group leader at our church, and was one of the h.s. leaders who was on my confirmation retreat. We were friends for a couple of years, then he went away to college.

After his first year at school, he moved back home to take pre-req classes at the community college to save money. At that point, I was a Junior. I was supposed to go to my homecoming with a different guy from church, who told me at the last minute he couldn't go because of a soccer game. I told DH about it, and his response was "What time should I pick you up?"

We started dating officially shortly after - that was 12 years ago! We've been married for 8 years next month and still going strong!

F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagesueann911:
    We met when we were 10 yo. He came with his friend, my cousin to a get together. I him in the head with a water balloon. He then told my cousin that my name was weird, to which my cousin replied, "You like her, don't ya?" We've been abusing each other ever since. True story. We even told it during our wedding ceremony, at which my cousin was part of and still claims credit for bringing us together.

I love this!  

• Options
    We met in a bar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We were friends in junior high. He used to tease me endlessly, and I let him because I had such a thing for him. We used to talk on the phone and everything, but eventually his teasing got to be too much and I lost touch with him after high school. When I had been at university for a few years, he looked me up and messaged me to say that he had thought about me over the years and wondered how I was. He said he wanted to apologize for how he treated me, and he only used to make fun of me so much because he had a crush on me back then.

We started talking again and after a year or so, we became very close. He drove through a snowstorm to visit me at school and that was it...I was head over heels for him. 

• Options
    We had mutual friends that decided that we were meant for one another. They threw together a 4th of July BBQ and invited us both over. We hit it off immediately, and had our first kiss later that night on a roof under the fireworks. We got engaged 5 years later, were married a year after that, and have been married almost a year.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options
    CalinAZCalinAZ member

I'd just come back from a 20 mile run out on the trails in 90 degree heat over an 8 hour timespan (so picture hot, sweaty, dirty running clothes). As I got back to my graduate housing on the university campus, the RA asked if I'd like to meet my new downstairs neighbor. I figured I might as well, and was introduced to DH, as he and his brother were moving furniture into the apartment. I immediately noticed that he was attractive, and realized it would probably be bad to date my neighbor, since it'd be awkward after we'd break up. We chatted for a while though, and he just seemed really great. Eventually he got around to asking for my number, so that we could go running together. Ends up, he wasn't actually into running, but he still managed to do just fine on our first date, a 7 mile trail run through the redwoods. 

Definitely discovered that having your boyfriend just downstairs was a huge plus. We moved in together after I finished my year of grad school, engaged a year later, and married a year after that. We'll have been married for three years this June.  

TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options

My DH and I actually met when we were 6. We lived 3 houses down from each other. I had a crush on him in 4th grade :)

We lost contact when I moved out of state at age 12, but reconnected when we were 18.

I could go on and on about details, but this post would become a novel.

So we live happily ever after.. just need babies.. the end :)

Edit: We make 5 years dating July 6th, and 2 years married on September 24th :)

• Options
    We met when we were on vacation with our families, separately but on the same lake.
  • Options

DH and I met through friends (one of my best friends is now married to his best friend). They tried setting us up; I refused many times. DH took things into his own hands annoyed me until I agreed to lunch "as friends." That turned into a 12 hour lunch and we've been together ever since. Poor kid, I gave him such a hard time!! 

OP what's your story?! 

UntitledUntitled
  • Options
    imagesheenaro:

DH and I met through friends (one of my best friends is now married to his best friend). They tried setting us up; I refused many times. DH took things into his own hands annoyed me until I agreed to lunch "as friends." That turned into a 12 hour lunch and we've been together ever since. Poor kid, I gave him such a hard time!! 

OP what's your story?! 

I had just transferred to a Division 1 school after 2 years at a Div 2 school. My 2nd class of my very first day I sat next to a guy who looked friendly. It was a stupid class with an even more stupid prof. The whole semester we wrote on each others spirals. He friended me on FB & he had a girlfriend. I was crushed because I thought he had been flirting with me so I convinced myself that I misread him. Fast forward to the next semester & we were still talking on FB or texting every day. We FB each other all through the Super Bowl (we had tests that Mon) & we made a bet. Needless to say I lost the bet & had to go on a date with him that Thurs. The day before our date our school had a huge basketball game (Bedlam) & I was standing outside in the cold waiting for the doors to open - he offered to bring me hot chocolate! <3 That night, after the game he met me at the library on campus to help me study for Statistics. We had our 1st kiss that night - and we've never looked back. Dated 14 months, got engaged - engaged for 16 months, & in 2 months it will have been 5 years! Thanks for asking!!

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Options

imagecjchio:
    High school sweethearts. We were band nerds together. We have been married two years, together almost 10.

Sounds like my best friend & her hubby. They've been together for 12, married for 5

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Options
    We met when when we were still in high school. In 96 in an AOL chat room. We were long distance friends. Then in 2003 DH made a trip to New Orleans to finally meet. We swapped V cards then attempted a long distance relationship, it failed miserably. Went back to bring friends about a year later. Then after Katrina he kinda freaked out realized that he wanted to be together. We decided that I would move to Jersey because I honestly head nothing else to do. I moved here the rest is history.
    ETA: We got engaged on 9.10.2010, his birthday. And were married on 10.22.11. Almost 15 years to the day from when we met online.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    DH and I met while working at Target together :D
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Options

We met when we were 12 and 13 in an online gaming site (playing checkers). I had just had my first kidney transplant and was given a computer to help keep up with school work. So, naturally I avoided homework and went to play Checkers. :P We IM'd, emailed, texted and even talked on the phone off and on throughout the years until I turned 18 (we lived 200 miles apart). One weekend his family went OOT and he stayed back to watch the pets so he invited me to visit-- and I naively/bravely did. HE was scared though and left a note in his work locker that read "If something should happen to me, look into someone who goes by the name Melissa with the phone number *** and online screen name *** as she is visiting me this weekend."  We hit it off, he asked me out that weekend and we have been together ever since.  I'll be honest, a long (200miles) distance relationship is super hard, but so worth it. :D  We say all the time how things really do happen for a reason. If I hadn't had the transplants, I wouldn't have gotten the computer and we wouldn't have met. :)

• Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    We met on an online dating website. Romantic, right? Haha

Match.com for us!
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options

Met my DH in 8th grade, though I hated him then. I was at a new school and he was always mean to me.

In high school I stopped hating him, we were friends, but not good friends. Right before high school graduation my best friend was dating his best friend so we hung around together a lot. The more we hung out the closer we got and a few months after high school we started dating. Now it's 11 years later and we are still together (though our friends broke up a loooong time ago). I even wrote in his yearbook before we were dating "Have a good summer, but I will probably see you. I can't seem to get rid of you." haha, little did I know back then he would be my husband.

• Options
    Mikki62Mikki62 member
    I met DH at my house when I was 12. He raced motocross with my brother and would ride to the races with my family sometimes. We didn't start dating until years later when he saw me at Walmart one day. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We met through his cousin.  She and I had been friends for years, but I had never met any of her family.  In May of 2007 she told me her cousin and his fiancee broke up...but honestly since I had never met them, I wasn't sure if her cousin was him or the bride.

A few months later she and I were having dinner and she was like oh by the way, my cousin thinks your hot.  He saw your picture the other day and asked about you.  I was flattered, but knowing that he had recently called off his engagement, that seemed too risky.  But nonetheless I went home and stalked his myspace to see what he looked like.  I thought he was really cute, but I decided not to do anything.  For the next few weeks I would nonchalantly ask about him and he asked about me, and finally one day he messaged me....we hit it off, so then we talked on the phone and a few days later went on a date.

Oddly enough, we had a huge falling out with his cousin and haven't spoken to her in almost three years....but at least I got a husband out of that friendship :)

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    imagecjchio:
    High school sweethearts. We were band nerds together. We have been married two years, together almost 10.

This sounds like us!

DH and I met 10 years ago on my first day of band camp my freshman year when he was a junior. We both played clarinet and a mutual friend introduced us. We became best friends and started dating a year and a half later, then got engaged two years later [yes I graduated HS with a ring on my finger!]. Two years later we got married and we will celebrate our 4th anniversary on August 1st. He is still my best friend!
  • Options
    DH and I are high school sweethearts. We started dating at 15 years old and were married at 20. :)

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Options
    We met on the dating website Christian Cafe. I messaged him twice in the span of a couple months trying to get his attention. I thought he was hot lol. Finally he responded and within a week I was driving 2 hours to meet him. It immediately felt like we had been friends for years, and what impressed me most was we spent the whole evening driving around to visit different family so I could meet them. It was important for him to have approval of family right away. To me it showed how much he values them. We stayed friends for several months before committing to a relationship as we knew long distance would be tough. Clearly we made it work though :
  • Options
    CindalCindal member
    Dh and I met while we were working at a Domino's pizza. It was my senior year. I had been there for about three months, which were absolutely miserable due to my shyness and people phobia. Every day was a struggle just to make myself walk in the door. The owner brought him in to replace the current manager and of course the few coworkers that actually talked to me made him sound like he was evil incarnate for some reason. So I was dreading meeting him. The first night we had to work together it was just me him and one delivery driver. I remember thinking, 'hey he's not so bad.' He was really nice, very friendly, and didn't treat me like I was a leper. Soon I wasn't dreading work and was in fact staying hours after my shift ended. About a month later an old friend returned from college and she developed a crush on him, so I stayed as far away as possible. He wasn't even a possibility in my mind at that point. Then as the months went by that slowly started to change. My bf had moved on to someone else , but I remember realizing how much I liked DH and calling her anyways and saying, "I'm so sorry, i'm so sorry but I think I like (DH's name). I mean really like him. Please don't be mad." She laughed it off and then spent the next couple of months trying extremely hard to get us together. Then one night his ex-fiancee called and he agreed to meet her at work. I left in tears, just absolutely crushed. I hadn't even realized the extent of my feelings til that moment. I thought maybe I'd been misreading all the signals and whatnot and felt so stupid. Apparently my bf confronted him before his ex arrived and punched him in the stomach for making me cry. Dh told the chicky to hit the bricks that night 'that he might have messed up the best thing that could have happened to him'. We had a huge talk the next day going over all the pros and cons. He likes to joke about how he was trying to talk me out of it. He was eight years older than me, had irs problems, was going to school and working full time. It wasn't enough to deter me.  And before we knew it we were dating. We count July 4th as our date-aversy. I brought him lunch and homemade lemon cake and he gave me his baseball cap to wear. We moved in a year to the day later. Almost 3 years after that we got engaged and then married. We've been married for almost 4 years now.   

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Options
    Htle07Htle07 member
    We met through my older sister and another friend. My husband at the time knew of me, was attracted to me, but haven't had the chance to talk to me. The other friend knew about it so when the friend found out I was going to the movies, my husband was asked to come. Of course he jumped on it. We have been together ever since. Needless to say, we didn't pay attention to the movie that night.  This occurred 12 years ago in high school. 
  • Options

We met at a mixer between my sorority and his fraternity. I thought he was cute, but he was a lot older than me and didn't make a move, so I started dating someone else.

When we got back to school in the fall  we ran into each other again at another party and I happened to be drinking away my troubles after seeing my ex hooking up with one of my sorority sisters. Once I was sufficiently drunk, I spotted DH sitting on the futon in the kitchen and walked right over, sat in his lap, and proceeded to tell him exactly how pissed off I was with men. Lol. He actually listened.

I ended up getting  really sick that night from mixing liquor and beer and passing out on my friends couch. I found out the next morning that DH had held my hair back while I got sick and stayed all night with me to make sure I was okay. He sat in the recliner next to the couch while I slept in case I got sick again and needed help. He left before I woke up in the morning because he had to get to work, but he left me a note and his number saying he wanted to see me again.

I called him that day when I got home to thank him for taking care of me and asked him out. We have been together ever since that first date almost 7 years ago.

The note he left me is framed and hanging in our bedroom. :) 

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    mmb248mmb248 member
    Short answer is match.com. long answer is that in summer 2008 I finally agreed to let my friends help me find a guy because I needed to get serious if I was going to get married. The players I usually dated made it obvious that I was bad at picking a guy.

A coworker and I signed up for match.com at the same time. In September, one of my friends wanted me to meet her hair stylist's son and I wasn't interested because I didn't want to date a guy whose mom was finding his dates. At the same time DH and I started taking on match.

A month later my friend invited me to a party and said that her stylist was going to bring her son so I could meet him. I told her I would come but could I bring DH as a date. She said sure because she thought as soon as I met the son I would drop the match guy.

DH and I get to the party and my friend tells me that her stylist is there but her son had a date and couldn't make it. Imagine my surprise when my friend's stylist came up to us and DH said, "hey mom what are you doing here?" He had no idea she was trying to set him up.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    ksuRN09ksuRN09 member
    My sister introduced us one night when we were out. I had actually met DH before but didn't pay attention to him bc I was drooling over his truck..what can I say? I'm a country girl lol. Anyway, sis introduced us and DH tried to talk to me and ask me out but his incredibly annoying friend took over the conversation. DH ended having to text my sister to get my number. I didn't even want to go out with the poor guy at first bc he smoked but here we are and I love him to pieces!
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ksuRN09ksuRN09 member
    imagemmb248:
    Short answer is match.com. long answer is that in summer 2008 I finally agreed to let my friends help me find a guy because I needed to get serious if I was going to get married. The players I usually dated made it obvious that I was bad at picking a guy.

A coworker and I signed up for match.com at the same time. In September, one of my friends wanted me to meet her hair stylist's son and I wasn't interested because I didn't want to date a guy whose mom was finding his dates. At the same time DH and I started taking on match.

A month later my friend invited me to a party and said that her stylist was going to bring her son so I could meet him. I told her I would come but could I bring DH as a date. She said sure because she thought as soon as I met the son I would drop the match guy.

DH and I get to the party and my friend tells me that her stylist is there but her son had a date and couldn't make it. Imagine my surprise when my friend's stylist came up to us and DH said, "hey mom what are you doing here?" He had no idea she was trying to set him up.

That is awesome! You were meant to be!
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"