July 2013 Moms

**UO**

Let's here it!

I'm in need of stimulating conversation today!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: **UO**

• 1. It boggles my mind what some women spend money on.  I get that some women have more disposable income than others and it's their business what they spend their money on, but I side eye certain things.  Examples: really expensive clothes or accessories, getting your nails done every week, $200 hair cuts..etc.  I guess these are just not the things I would choose to spend that kind of money on.  To each their own, but it is a waste to me.

2. I never understood when women say, "I got my hair done" or "I bought this dress and charged it on my husband's card!..Like they're getting away with something.  It's just ridiculous to me.  When you're married, doesn't all the money come from the same place?  If you're screwing your H over by charging hundreds of dollars on his card aren't you then screwing yourself over too?  And why would you want to get one over on your H?  Huge side eye to these broads.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I have another one:

I think it's weird when couples share a facebook account.  Very weird.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • imageErinm278:

1. It boggles my mind what some women spend money on.  I get that some women have more disposable income than others and it's their business what they spend their money on, but I side eye certain things.  Examples: really expensive clothes or accessories, getting your nails done every week, $200 hair cuts..etc.  I guess these are just not the things I would choose to spend that kind of money on.  To each their own, but it is a waste to me.

2. I never understood when women say, "I got my hair done" or "I bought this dress and charged it on my husband's card!..Like they're getting away with something.  It's just ridiculous to me.  When you're married, doesn't all the money come from the same place?  If you're screwing your H over by charging hundreds of dollars on his card aren't you then screwing yourself over too?  And why would you want to get one over on your H?  Huge side eye to these broads.

Yes   So agree!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageErinm278:

1. It boggles my mind what some women spend money on.  I get that some women have more disposable income than others and it's their business what they spend their money on, but I side eye certain things.  Examples: really expensive clothes or accessories, getting your nails done every week, $200 hair cuts..etc.  I guess these are just not the things I would choose to spend that kind of money on.  To each their own, but it is a waste to me.

I get my nails done regularly and buy expensive clothes. Guilty guilty guilty. However, the MAIN reason I spend more money on my wardrobe is because the cheap shiz just doesn't last and I end up spending more money replacing crap pieces than if I just bought something that was better quality and little more money.

My UO: I don't do kick counts and I think people freak out waaaaay too much over everything. Also, how the heck am I suppose to know if your discharge is normal? I'm on a computer, in another state most likely, and I'm not a doctor. Just call the flippin doctor!!!  

Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageErinm278:

I have another one:

Omg! It drives me crazy when I see facebook accounts that have both of the people's name in it... or instagram accts. It makes the person seem like they have very little identity without their partner. 

Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagepgermain11:
    imageErinm278:

I have another one:

Omg! It drives me crazy when I see facebook accounts that have both of the people's name in it... or instagram accts. It makes the person seem like they have very little identity without their partner. 

I totally agree.  It drives me crazy.  There needs to be some healthy separation!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• imageErinm278:

I agree on both! DH and I live comfortably and have what we need but spending large amounts of money on clothes and hair/nails is never something I've been crazy about. I'd rather pay off all my debt (house, student loans) and save for a vacation than have fancy nails and hair all the time.

My UO: I hate when other pregnant people try to one up you. Example: My boss who is 5 years younger than me and 24 weeks pregnant with her 1st has stopped drinking all caffeinated beverages and always gives me the side eye when I drink coffee or have an occasional soda with lunch. Sorry lady but a little caffeine won't kill you. I get that these are the choices you have made for your LO and body but I'm not giving up my morning coffee and afternoon soda once a week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemaryannespier:

My husband and I drove to Florida and back for a wedding.  On the way back, we stopped in a teeny tiny town in South Carolina that seemed to be basically just a BP station.  But next to the BP station was a...spa?  Located in a tiny unattractive concrete bunker.  I was really confused.  Why was there a spa in the middle of nowhere?

"Oh," my husband said.  "It's a rub and tug."  Huh? "A happy endings massage parlor.  Probably lots of truckers stop."  OH.  I confirmed this by looking at reviews on the internet.

So then I started thinking.  We live in a country where you can buy things with which to kill yourself (cigarettes...and booze if you use it to excess, obviously) and things with which to kill others (guns), but it's illegal to buy a hand job?  This is ridiculous to me. A hand job probably doesn't kill anyone.

Of course you can make the argument that sex work is exploitative, but I generally think when something is legalized and regulated, it  becomes safer for all involved.

Yes it does, I live in Holland where prostitution and marijuana are legal (or at least very tolerated) and Dutch people are the ones that consume less on average. Of course there's a lot of tourism just for drugs and sex but hey, money from abroad is always good for society plus prostitutes and drug sellers are away from the streets! (or at least much more rare to see than in other countries I've been to...) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• I don't care how much money a woman or anyone for that matter spends and I also don't care whether its hers or her husbands account or if they share or don't share an account for that matter. Different strokes for different folks. 

I agree with the legalization of things being more easy to regulate...specifically marijuana. 

I side eye people for siding eyeing other people for spending money that isn't even theirs to side eye about:)  

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageErinm278:
    1. It boggles my mind what some women spend money on.nbsp; I get that some women have more disposable income than others and it's their business what they spend their money on, but I side eye certain things.nbsp; Examples: really expensive clothes or accessories, getting your nails done every week, 200 hair cuts..etc.nbsp; I guess these are just not the things I would choose to spend that kind of money on.nbsp; To each their own, but it is a waste to me.2. I never understood when women say, "I got my hair done" or "I bought this dress and charged it on my husband's card!..Like they're getting away with something.nbsp; It's just ridiculous to me.nbsp; When you're married, doesn't all the money come from the same place?nbsp; If you're screwing your H over by charging hundreds of dollars on his card aren't you then screwing yourself over too?nbsp; And why would you want to get one over on your H?nbsp; Huge side eye to these broads.

For number 1, there are tons of things lots of people spend money on that I don't understand, camping equipment, for example. It's not something I enjoy, so I don't get it. I, personally, enjoy getting my hair and nails done. I like fashion, I worked in the industry for 10 years. Is what I buy expensive? Generally, yes, although I have things that aren't as well. It's what I like.

As for number 2, I don't get that either. DH and I each have an AmEx, but all charges go to the same bill. It is our money.

My UO, it bugs the hell out of me when someone buys something inexpensive then complains about the quality, that it fell apart, or takes it back to the store and makes a huge deal about it. I remember when I wrote the thread telling people about the free slings and someone came on complaining about the quality... Um, it's free, you are paying 8 dollars for shipping, what exactly do you expect?

The people that want to spend the least seem to expect the most and have the worse attitudes... Just look at the difference between the women on Bridezillas vs the ones on Platinum Weddings.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to spend tons of money on things, but be realistic in your expectations.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• MRadsMRads member
    imageErinm278:
    imagepgermain11:
    imageErinm278:

I have another one:

I totally agree.  It drives me crazy.  There needs to be some healthy separation!

I think it is dumb, too. Although my friend's grandparents have a joint one, and I think it is sweet. But they also don't know how to use it, and they often use their status to have a conversation with their FB friends, lol. Grandparents get a pass from me, because, well, I don't know. They just do.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • My UO: US government should increase social benefits for pregnant women, I know that the flexibility that companies have to hire/fire people and to not give a f*** about your maternity leave make the labor market more productive (yes, you have to work until you are in labor plus you have to be back in no time or take vacations) but it just makes me angry the fact that you are bringing up America's future and your country doesn't give a f** about it... mine doesn't either (Mexico)...

I live in Europe now and I will be having 7 months or maternity leave, 4 of which are 100% paid, plus I can extend those 7 to 10 months if I would feel like... my employer is not paying for it, it's coming from a governmental fund for it and I think it's fair considering I and DH pay taxes, etc...

Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• MRadsMRads member

Also, I really don't get judging people on how they spend their money. The only reason I will judge people on the way they spend their money is if I don't like the person and they drop a ton of money on something fugly OR if they are constantly complaining about not having money, but spend $200 on clothes every 2 weeks.

I'm really just kidding about the first instance. Unless what they buy is really really hideous or I just really, really don't like the person.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Comments about alcohol/drinking. People offering to company and going out of their way to say "You can't have any"! I didn't ask for any and I didn't acknowledge your offer.....Why go out of your way to single me out!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLiz4444:
    imageErinm278:
    1. It boggles my mind what some women spend money on.nbsp; I get that some women have more disposable income than others and it's their business what they spend their money on, but I side eye certain things.nbsp; Examples: really expensive clothes or accessories, getting your nails done every week, 200 hair cuts..etc.nbsp; I guess these are just not the things I would choose to spend that kind of money on.nbsp; To each their own, but it is a waste to me.2. I never understood when women say, "I got my hair done" or "I bought this dress and charged it on my husband's card!..Like they're getting away with something.nbsp; It's just ridiculous to me.nbsp; When you're married, doesn't all the money come from the same place?nbsp; If you're screwing your H over by charging hundreds of dollars on his card aren't you then screwing yourself over too?nbsp; And why would you want to get one over on your H?nbsp; Huge side eye to these broads.
    For number 1, there are tons of things lots of people spend money on that I don't understand, camping equipment, for example. It's not something I enjoy, so I don't get it. I, personally, enjoy getting my hair and nails done. I like fashion, I worked in the industry for 10 years. Is what I buy expensive? Generally, yes, although I have things that aren't as well. It's what I like. As for number 2, I don't get that either. DH and I each have an AmEx, but all charges go to the same bill. It is our money. My UO, it bugs the hell out of me when someone buys something inexpensive then complains about the quality, that it fell apart, or takes it back to the store and makes a huge deal about it. I remember when I wrote the thread telling people about the free slings and someone came on complaining about the quality... Um, it's free, you are paying 8 dollars for shipping, what exactly do you expect? The people that want to spend the least seem to expect the most and have the worse attitudes... Just look at the difference between the women on Bridezillas vs the ones on Platinum Weddings. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to spend tons of money on things, but be realistic in your expectations.

I agree with you. I'm sure I spend money on things people wouldn't.  Everyone is willing to spend more on things that are more important to them. Clothing and such isn't as important to me. I want to look nice, but I'm not going to spend a lot. I agree with a PP though that certain pieces are worth spending more on because they are wardrobe staples.

I'm the girl who spends $500 on pots and pans or a lot on professional kitchen appliances.  The main thing DH and I drop money on is "lifestyle stuff" like a really nice new grill or vacations and such.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• imageMRads:

Also, I really don't get judging people on how they spend their money. The only reason I will judge people on the way they spend their money is if I don't like the person and they drop a ton of money on something fugly OR if they are constantly complaining about not having money, but spend $200 on clothes every 2 weeks.

I'm really just kidding about the first instance. Unless what they buy is really really hideous or I just really, really don't like the person.

This. OMG! I have a friend that is always telling me "I envy you because you have travelled all Europe in 2 years.. I can never go on holidays"... Me: "mmm... yes, my sunglasses came from the .99c store while you are wearing D&G"

I spend big big amounts on money on cheap traveling (bad airlines and cheap B&Bs), you spend the same amounts on nice clothing and accessories, that's fine for me as long as you don't complain about it!

• imageErinm278:

Just curious why do you care how other people spend money?

My UO: Women calling other women derogatory names when they disagree about something and its okay but if a guy does it he's a sexist pig. Double standard much?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageMamasighs:
    People who trust the Internet and its dubious sources over the advice of their doctor. It's one thing to be informed but another to abandon medical advice because of a you tube video.

This makes me crazy.  Why do people go to doctors if they are going to argue with everything they are told and assume they are smarter and know more than the doctor.  If you don't trust or agree with your doctor, why do you go?

My UO:  I'm not a horrible person for considering an elective c section.  I know most people would do everything to avoid it, but I'm not one of those people.  And I know the risks, so I don't need my friends to tell me what I want or don't want.  I have my reasons.  Ok, just had to get that off my chest. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeggymaye:
    imageErinm278:
    Just curious why do you care how other people spend money? My UO: Women calling other women derogatory names when they disagree about something and its okay but if a guy does it he's a sexist pig. Double standard much?

In my post I clearly said, "to each their own". I don't care how you spend your money and I'm not going to stop you from spending it however you choose, but certain big expenses are silly to me. It's an opinion.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• imageErinm278:

I have another one:

I agree haha. I have two couples on my FB that do this and its SO bizarre to me.

My UO: I think less is more when it comes to makeup. The women that cake it on don't look better IMHO.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageChunkymonkeylvr:

My UO:

I can't understand why people choose to shop at Krogers or other name brand stores and pay triple what you can pay at Aldi's or other discount stores. Why pay more?

We don't have Krogers or Aldi's...

I shop where I like the products. If they happen to be more expensive then alright. I adore Whole Foods for their produce and meat. I can't shop there all the time because of the expense, but if I'm preparing a nice meal I cough up the dough.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageChunkymonkeylvr:

My UO:

I can't understand why people choose to shop at Krogers or other name brand stores and pay triple what you can pay at Aldi's or other discount stores. Why pay more?

I'll help you understand why I do it =)

I like Kroger's produce better, it doesn't rot in 2 days.  Kroger is also 5 minutes from my house and Aldi is 30 minutes from my house.  I can use my Kroger card to get discounted fuel, and when I have to take DD with me I don't have to bag my own groceries (which if you knew me at all I actually prefer to do the baggers do it "dumb" in my opinion, I put everything on the belt in a specific order so that certain items SHOULD be bagged together.  They never are and they smash my bread). I shop farmer's markets in the summer or go out to my family's garden.

I don't buy meat from Aldi because I think the quality isn't as good, I also don't buy meat from Kroger.  I buy my meat from a butcher who only sells local animals.

I will if I'm going to be in the area stock up on canned goods but I don't go out of my way to do it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagesandraynic:

My UO: US government should increase social benefits for pregnant women, I know that the flexibility that companies have to hire/fire people and to not give a f*** about your maternity leave make the labor market more productive (yes, you have to work until you are in labor plus you have to be back in no time or take vacations) but it just makes me angry the fact that you are bringing up America's future and your country doesn't give a f** about it... mine doesn't either (Mexico)...

I live in Europe now and I will be having 7 months or maternity leave, 4 of which are 100% paid, plus I can extend those 7 to 10 months if I would feel like... my employer is not paying for it, it's coming from a governmental fund for it and I think it's fair considering I and DH pay taxes, etc...

Depends on your company really.  I get 10 weeks off paid at 100%.  I think that's fair, my job is protected for 12 weeks. 

Would I like more, sure, but I also don't have any desire to pay more in taxes (which would be necessary if the government was going to "cover" a longer leave)  I don't have any desire to let the incompetent US government take "care" of my maternity leave.  They are very horrible at all the things they are supposed to "regulate" now.  Companies are in business to make money not for any other reason.  Saying they don't give a F always bothers me.  They do give a F, they care about being profitable for their owners/shareholders.  If businesses aren't profitable then they go out of business or move or outsource, and guess, what then you lose your job.

My UO:  I don't understand people who think that profitable companies are a bad thing.  Would you continue "risk" your money for a venture you knew lost money month after month, year after year?  No, you wouldn't and anyone who says yes, is fibbing to themselves. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageChunkymonkeylvr:
    imageCarrie3102:
    imagesandraynic:

My UO: US government should increase social benefits for pregnant women, I know that the flexibility that companies have to hire/fire people and to not give a f*** about your maternity leave make the labor market more productive (yes, you have to work until you are in labor plus you have to be back in no time or take vacations) but it just makes me angry the fact that you are bringing up America's future and your country doesn't give a f** about it... mine doesn't either (Mexico)...

Depends on your company really.  I get 10 weeks off paid at 100%.  I think that's fair, my job is protected for 12 weeks. 

Would I like more, sure, but I also don't have any desire to pay more in taxes (which would be necessary if the government was going to "cover" a longer leave)  I don't have any desire to let the incompetent US government take "care" of my maternity leave.  They are very horrible at all the things they are supposed to "regulate" now.  Companies are in business to make money not for any other reason.  Saying they don't give a F always bothers me.  They do give a F, they care about being profitable for their owners/shareholders.  If businesses aren't profitable then they go out of business or move or outsource, and guess, what then you lose your job.

My UO:  I don't understand people who think that profitable companies are a bad thing.  Would you continue "risk" your money for a venture you knew lost money month after month, year after year?  No, you wouldn't and anyone who says yes, is fibbing to themselves. 

From your last two posts I think I love you.

haha Thanks! I am a rather blunt person anyway, and late pregnancy makes it worse. 

I hope no one takes either post personally, that's not my intent, just my two cents. 

• My uo... I hate lipstick, and don't understand it. I've tried many varieties and shades, lip glosses and tinted chapsticks. It never goes on right, always smudges off on everything, and drives me batty. I've given up hope and just stick to aquaphor. (I also have reactions to just about everything I put on my lips BUT aquaphor these days, so that doesn't help.)

I'm also with Prim on the "less is more" for makeup. Most days I skip the base layer and just throw on a bit of eyeshadow and mascara.  

• The only time I judge people on the money they spend is if they are living beyond their means and they carry an excessive credit card balance. I have never had the desire to be in debt like that. I hate debt anyway but to be in debt because of clothes or shoes or trips or whatever seems ridiculous times a million to me. The only time I've carried a credit card balance is because of an emergency vet bill. I just think it's irresponsible.

I don't think it's the government's job to guarantee me a job because of a life decision I made with my husband. The government wasn't involved in the decision to expand my family and neither was my employer. I think we should all be grateful for the benefits we do receive.

Shared FB is weird. I don't get it.

My UO: I get irrationally annoyed by people that take someone else's news or experiences and turn them around to make them all about themselves. Example, yesterday a friend/coworker came to my desk to give me the news that she's pregnant. Which I'm thrilled about! She's so excited and she's already a great mom so this is just fantastic. Anyway, my coirker that sits near me took the news (that wasn't being shared with her) and started talking about her two c/s and how she's glad she has her boy and girl. She had easy pregnancies, etc. Her youngest child is 26 years old. Because of the rude interuption I couldn't even get all the news and fully congratulate my friend.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imageChrissieMeas:

My uo... I hate lipstick, and don't understand it. I've tried many varieties and shades, lip glosses and tinted chapsticks. It never goes on right, always smudges off on everything, and drives me batty. I've given up hope and just stick to aquaphor. (I also have reactions to just about everything I put on my lips BUT aquaphor these days, so that doesn't help.)

I'm also with Prim on the "less is more" for makeup. Most days I skip the base layer and just throw on a bit of eyeshadow and mascara.  

Me too. DH has only seen me wiith lip gloss twice. Once on our wedding day and once a few weeks after that and be thought it was "weird". I agree. It's not me. Naked lips are best.   

• imagemeimsx:

My UO: I get irrationally annoyed by people that take someone else's news or experiences and turn them around to make them all about themselves. Example, yesterday a friend/coworker came to my desk to give me the news that she's pregnant. Which I'm thrilled about! She's so excited and she's already a great mom so this is just fantastic. Anyway, my coirker that sits near me took the news (that wasn't being shared with her) and started talking about her two c/s and how she's glad she has her boy and girl. She had easy pregnancies, etc. Her youngest child is 26 years old. Because of the rude interuption I couldn't even get all the news and fully congratulate my friend.

::thumbs up::

• imagearlingirl:
    imagemeimsx:

YES!!!! Some people need a throat punch.

When we announced we also received so many unsolicited scary birth stories I had to tune the people out. "Yeah my wife almost died giving birth to our first child, and the second..." LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

• My UO: sometimes I wish I could have a 24-hour pass from pregnancy.  While I've had it really easy, I'd love to be able to sit comfortably for more than 3 minutes at a time, or sleep through ONE full night, or be able to do one full grocery shopping trip without feeling like passing out & having intense leg pain.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I'm pregnant, and can't wait to meet her... but some days I really miss my pre-pregnant life. :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • JenR85JenR85 member
    Yes!!! My mom is guilty of this. She always gives me a hard time about how much money I spend on certain items and jokingly calls me a princess. Well I'm sorry I like nice things that won't break on me in 2 months. I swear she bought my sister a new camera every year for Christmas because they would always stop working within 6 months. Well I wonder why it only costs $40?!?!

imageLiz4444:
    imageErinm278:

For number 1, there are tons of things lots of people spend money on that I don't understand, camping equipment, for example. It's not something I enjoy, so I don't get it. I, personally, enjoy getting my hair and nails done. I like fashion, I worked in the industry for 10 years. Is what I buy expensive? Generally, yes, although I have things that aren't as well. It's what I like.

As for number 2, I don't get that either. DH and I each have an AmEx, but all charges go to the same bill. It is our money.

My UO, it bugs the hell out of me when someone buys something inexpensive then complains about the quality, that it fell apart, or takes it back to the store and makes a huge deal about it. I remember when I wrote the thread telling people about the free slings and someone came on complaining about the quality... Um, it's free, you are paying 8 dollars for shipping, what exactly do you expect?

The people that want to spend the least seem to expect the most and have the worse attitudes... Just look at the difference between the women on Bridezillas vs the ones on Platinum Weddings.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to spend tons of money on things, but be realistic in your expectations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imagearlingirl:
    imagemeimsx:

I don't disagree with this, but I am also guilty of "sharing experiances".  Meaning... There was a post earlier about one of us July mommies who's mom may not be able to be there and how she felt selfish for being upset. 

I did express sympathy for what her mom was going through, and how I hoped she was recovered in time to be there. 

I also wanted to let her know that I had been in a similar situation and her feelings were normal, and she was not selfish... I'm always afraid I'm hijacking when I do that, I hope I'm not, I'm not trying to, just letting them know they aren't alone.

• My UO: I cringe when I see "TMI" in the header of a post...not because I care if it's TMI, but because people act like they have a concern for being too graphic...but proceed to talk about it or ask questions anyway.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    My UO: I cringe when I see "TMI" in the header of a post...not because I care if it's TMI, but because people act like they have a concern for being too graphic...but proceed to talk about it or ask questions anyway.

This. Did you just see the latest TMI post? I loved Prim's response.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageChunkymonkeylvr:

My UO:

We don't really have an Aldi close to us, but even when we did live near one, I found I never got a lot of stuff there. We tend to eat organic dairy/meat and at least the "dirty dozen" produce wise, so there wasn't a lot for me to get when I shopped at Aldi. I also do most of my grocery shopping with a 2-year old, so I prefer to go to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, where I can get the bulk of my shopping done at one store instead of having to drive around to several. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • imageeggymaye:
    imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    My UO: I cringe when I see "TMI" in the header of a post...not because I care if it's TMI, but because people act like they have a concern for being too graphic...but proceed to talk about it or ask questions anyway.
    This. Did you just see the latest TMI post? I loved Prim's response.

YES. Ugh. It reminded how annoying TMI posts are...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imagemystererae:

3. I think looking good is extremely important. I don't personally spend hundreds on salon treatments, but I don't side-eye those who do, as long as they can afford it. My hairstylist does Extra and other TV shows and charges me a pittance because we're friends. I get my lip threaded. If this linea negra and dark pits problem doesn't go away I will look into laser options or whatever has to be done. Etc. Will I choose this stuff over food for my family or my student loan payments? Of course not. To be clear my self-worth does not hinge on my looks but "look good, feel good" is real. 

I had my arm pits lasered... best. decision. ever.  I haven't shaved in years.  Definitely do it.  I really want to do my bikini line. but I'm scared of the pain.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imagemystererae:

3. I think looking good is extremely important. I don't personally spend hundreds on salon treatments, but I don't side-eye those who do, as long as they can afford it. My hairstylist does Extra and other TV shows and charges me a pittance because we're friends. I get my lip threaded. If this linea negra and dark pits problem doesn't go away I will look into laser options or whatever has to be done. Etc. Will I choose this stuff over food for my family or my student loan payments? Of course not. To be clear my self-worth does not hinge on my looks but "look good, feel good" is real. 

I totally agree with the "look good, feel good" mentality!

• imageMamasighs:
    imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    Ha! Oh yes. This is a good one. "TMI! Something slimy just slithered out my vagina." Those posts are hilarious.

Haha, seriously. 

• imageMrsErinH:
    imageCarrie3102:
    imagearlingirl:
    imagemeimsx:

I don't disagree with this, but I am also guilty of "sharing experiences".  Meaning... There was a post earlier about one of us July mommies who's mom may not be able to be there and how she felt selfish for being upset. 

I did express sympathy for what her mom was going through, and how I hoped she was recovered in time to be there. 

I also wanted to let her know that I had been in a similar situation and her feelings were normal, and she was not selfish... I'm always afraid I'm hijacking when I do that, I hope I'm not, I'm not trying to, just letting them know they aren't alone.

I didn't take it like you were hijacking at all, Carrie.  I really appreciated hearing from you and knowing that while your situation sucked, you guys got through it. 

I think it's all about the context and how much the person is sympathizing versus trying to take over and make it all about them. 

I agree. I don't think that's the same at all. And a lot of times, at least for me, I want to hear what everyone has gone through here on the boards. It def helps! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"