Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What time for a Sunday Birthday party?

What time-ish do people get out of church?  I want to do as early as possible, but have no idea what's reasonable- we are attending a lot of 2:30 pm birthdays, but it seems a bad time to me- they serve pizza and cake, but it's soon after  lunch and too close to dinner. 

My entertainer can only do Sunday, so Saturday is not an option.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What time for a Sunday Birthday party?

• Options
    I would say 1:00 would be a good time. Some church services don't start until 11:00, so that would give time to go home and change or whatever, but still be within the lunchtime realm.
  • Options
    Spin313Spin313 member
    Most churches in my area have Sunday services at 8am, 10am, and noon.

I would think 1pm would be reasonable. Is late afternoon an option...like 4pm?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlw2505jlw2505 member
    We are Jewish but during the school year, the kids have religious school until 11:30.  I would say 12:30 is good and we have been to a few of those.  I would not start any later than 2:30 on a Sunday though as some families have a Sunday dinner tradition or like me, just hate being out on Sunday evenings as I like a calm evening before the week begins.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    mgrulkemgrulke member
    We always do a Sunday party we always say party starts at 11:30, food is served at noon.
  • Options

I'd say 1pm. People can skip going out to eat after church once I would think?

Also do you have to serve a 'food' like lunch? We've been to a bunch of bday parties lately and it is like 50/50 that serve anything besides cake. 

• Options

You could do 2:30 and just serve light apps (veggie platter, cheese and crackers, pigs in a blanket, etc) and cake.. Or more like 1pm and do lunch.  

We are out of church early, by 10:15, but my dad goes to the same church/different service and doesn't get out till 12:30 (which I'd say is average).  

ETA: I know a lot of my mom friends don't like later Sunday parties bc school is the next day and they have a lot to do Sunday evening. 

DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • Options

We are doing DD's party in July at 2:30.   We will not be serving lunch, but rather cake, fruit salad and cheese/crackers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all!  I think I was beating my head against the was worrying about ruining the mealtimes...but an early afternoon with light refreshments and cake should be fine.  I like doing things the most complicated way possible, apparently, but that sounds perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"