Adoption

Fingerprints rejected

Apparently my partner's fingerprints were rejected. The agency suggested that we go to this other place to get them done, but they took 5.5 weeks to get rejected the first time and we are now 6 weeks away from due date. Is there any way to expedite this? I sent an email to our agency as well, but our SW is out of the office for another 2 weeks. Grrrr!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fingerprints rejected

• That happened to me as well. The second time didn't take as long. Get it taken care of right away, but in my state, there was no way to expedite it.

The second time around, they just compare the two sets of prints to make sure that they are the same. Don't stress about it!!!!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It happened three times to me!! It took like 3 months, soooo frustrating
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ugh, that sucks.

Where else do you have to go to get them done? My background check took over 6 weeks but DH's came back in three.

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • Happened to us too. So frustrating! Write "URGENT: ADOPTION" on the envelope. It might not actually make it go faster, but I felt like it did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my experience, when your fingerprints are rejected, it takes longer to get a response, because they go through a review process.

If I were you, I'd have her go as soon as possible, ask the agency and the entity processing the fingerprints about expediting, but not worry too much.  Also she should drink a lot of water before having them done, and not use any cream or lotion beforehand, to increase the likelihood of getting readable prints.

Good luck! 

• crene84crene84 member

Not all states offered this, but we were able to do it in NC and we got our results before we walked out of the place that scanned our fingers!

https://fbi.fieldprint.com/default.aspx

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! crene, that's weird, my partner did go to a place that had the scanner but they gave ger a card, they didn't submit electronically. Although I wonder if it's because they couldn't get a good print...

When my partner walked in, the woman there looked at her hands and said, "I don't like the looks of this!", then after trying for half an hour and not getting a single print that the machine accepted, declared that my partner had the worst hands for fingerprinting that she'd ever seen. Awesome, she should rob a bank!

I guess they will sumbit them anyway, then when they get rejected they will resubmit a different set of them, and when they get rejected the third time then you can petition for an alternate method.

Less than two years ago they went through fine! So weird. Anyway...

• Haha--my fingerprints were rejected, too!  It was really frustrating!  Then I went to a different place that digitally did them, and it still took them 6 tries before the program would finally accept them.  Everyone kept remarking on my tiny hands and fingers, and I felt like wearing a sign that "Will show hands for food."  :)  But, after my prints were accepted the second time around it only took a week for them to get back to us. I hope that happens for you! :)
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"