Adoption

How long did you wait?

I know this question has been asked several times, but just humor me please!

How long from your "activation" to placement?

Thanks! 

Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/

Re: How long did you wait?

• For DD#1 we matched after being active for 10 months. She was born 2 months later. Due to a birth father issue, she went to transitional care for 31 days and we had placement after that.

The wait for DD#2 was 20 months to the day. She was already born, so there was no additional waiting time.

• Did you go through an agency? Domestic, Foster or International?
    Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Active profile January 12, 2012.

Matched January 19, 2013

Baby born January 24, 2013.

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Domestic Infant Adoption through an agency....active as of May 2012...still waiting...
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went through a national agency.
  • sorry, forgot to add it was domestic newborn adoption.
  • Decided to pursue adoption 10/15/12.  Home study approved 1/14/13.  Currently waiting to be matched for domestic infant adoption.

https://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• 2.5 months.

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Define "activation"

We waited 10 months from the time we sent in our application. We waited 3.5 months after our profile went active

• We are adopting older children from foster care. We were "activated" 12/5/12 and we have our interview with our match on June 7th.  So about 6 months.
  • From profile activation with our national agency, 2 1/2 months until match, 3 months until placement. 
  • Initial application: April 2010

Active status: July 26, 2010

Matched: January 12, 2011 

Baby born: February 8, 2011 

I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • Activation was June 28th. Conatcted July 10th about a potential B-Mom. Placement on September 10th and Finalization on December 21st.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I waited over 4 years.  Mine was a bit of a different circumstance, I am a single woman, and I went thru the foster care system.  But well worth the wait.  I brought my son home at 4 months old and his adoption was finalized one week after first birthday.  He turns 3 in a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"