Homeschooling

Intro

I'm a SAHM and wife to a public school teacher.  It had always been our plan to homeschool our kids, but when we decided to pursue adoption, we enrolled our oldest in a private kindergarten anticipating international travel during the year.  We figured it would be easier for her if she had a constant routine to follow while we were gone.  Well, that plan fell apart as the adoption plan didn't go as we had planned. 

We are eagerly moving ahead with our homeschooling plans now, and eagerly watching the school year wind down (3 days to go!).  I am grateful we put her in school for this past year because, even though the school is fantastic, it has firmed our decision to homeschool. 

I'll be starting "official" homeschool this fall and really look forward to tapping the knowledge and support here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Intro

• Welcome! I am in my second year of homeschooling.
  • Welcome!  I'm finishing up my first year (although we school year-round, so I guess there really isn't a "finish" for us). 

What about the school experience firmed your decision?  Do you mind sharing?

• Loading the player...
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ritzy19Ritzy19 member
    Welcome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"