Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

TMI Question

I am having lactation issues ever since we lost our girl. I've been trying the cabbage leaves and ibuprofen to help dry up the milk, but so far it isn't helping much. Does anyone else have any experience with this? If so when did your milk dry up? Or what helped you? Its just soooo gross to have a wet bra all the time. DH just finds it hilarious. Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: TMI Question

• Options
    I can't really help to much with this.

But I do believe there is some type of medicine they can give you to dry up your milk. Have you talked to your doctor?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers November 22, 2012: Went into ER with spotting to discover my babies had stopped developing at 10 wks 4 days and 11 wks 3 days. Their hearts no longer beat. EDD:05/27/2013 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers April 22, 2013: Found out I was miscarrying May 3, 2013:Saw baby in Utero and in tubes diagnosed with Heterotopic pregnancy May 7, 2013: Taken into surgery for tubal pregnancy baby and right tube was removed Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Try taking Parsley and Sage capsules. You can buy them from any health food store or Vitacost.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that when you get your first period, your milk will probably dry up then. Also, for clarification purposes it's parsley capsules and sage capsules. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't asked my doctor yet. I was gonna wait til my post op appt. But I will see what she says. I'll have to try the parsley thing. I already use oregano capsules as part of my daily vitamins.
  • Options

I didn't deal with this with my two losses but what about taking Benadryl?  Might knock you out so maybe it would be best for at night.  Would also help with sleeping too.  Sorry for your loss!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"