Attachment Parenting
Options

AP and returning to work

My daughter is 9 months old.  She is breastfed, I co-sleep, and spend all my time with her.  I will be returning to work in July and she will be in daycare for about 9 hours a day.

I always thought that I would wean her and transition her to her crib before going back to work, but I don't feel that way now.  I want to breastfeed because it is best for her and the cosleeping helps us both sleep well.  I just don't know how it will work when I go back to work.  For example, how will I get ready in the morning if I cosleep?  It would be a lot easier if she slept in a crib and I could get up before her and get ready ... but I don't like the idea of sleep training.

Anyway, I am just wondering what you ladies did to prepare your LO for your return to work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Re: AP and returning to work

• Options
    imagetheresat858:

I guess I'm confused as to why you can't just leave her asleep in your bed while you get ready?  Or have her

• Options

I continued co-sleeping when I went back to work and it was fine. I was just quiet in the morning while I got ready so she could sleep as long as possible.

TBH, if you're really "spending all your time with her", you need to take a little time ap

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First off, I would suggest doing some half days at daycare sprinkled between now and your ft start date to get dd used to it. Even though I went back to work at only 12 weeks, I did this and felt like it helped ease her in to being away from me. We also b
  • Options
    I still nurse at almost two despite being back at work. No big deal, I haven't needed to pump for my comfort since about a year
    As for the mornings, my kids wake as early as 4:30 so no way I'm getting up before them anyway. They think its fun to han
  • Options
    I went back to work at 14 weeks pp and I still bedshare and breastfeed. My son doesn't stay asleep with dad most of the time, so I put him in a bouncy seat in the bathroom while I shower and get ready. He usually falls right back asleep, but not always. I
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We moved our mattress into DD's room.  (We have a loft bedroom... so our room was unsafe)  It has worked lovely.  Having the mattress on the floor is great because it's a smaller distance to the floor and she can crawl off the mattr

• Options
    The main thing I would work on is taking a bottle. If you haven't started, start working on that now. Being able to have your DH (or a babysitter/other family member) feed her will allow you to get out a little too, but will be good when the transition ha
  • Options

I went back to work when she was 13 weeks; we co-sleep and/or bed-share, breastfeed exclusively, and practice (as much) AP as possible. How it works for us is:

- The night before, I get her clothes, my clothes, my lunch, her bottles, and my bags

"I will love the light because it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness, for it shows me the stars." (Og Mandino) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I completely agree! We didn't get my baby fully ready for a bottle prior to daycare (she started daycare at 3.5 months old). It was a really hard transition. She would only eat about 6 oz in a 9 hour period. She eventually got it, but it was hard on al

• Options

I bed share with my daughter (she is 7.5 mos). She isn't the best sleeper; wakes 2-3 times per night still. But in the morning, I am able to slip out of bed without waking her. If she does wake up, I lay down and nurse her for about 10 minutes until sh

• Options
    imageAPendola:
    imagetheresat858:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"