C-sections
Options

red raspberry leaf tea?

I am having a c section due to pre e again and tubal litigation.  Has anyone taken red raspberry leaf tea even though they are having a c section?  I doesn't induce labor it help the healing process with uterus.  What are you thoughts on this?

Re: red raspberry leaf tea?

• Options
    I had bought a big pack from amazon with my first pregnancy, before I knew I needed a c-section. My OB said it will NOT induce labor and even though she doesn't think it will magically make my uterus heal any better she gave me the OK to drink it 2-3 times a day.  I enjoyed drinking it and I felt like even if it helped a tiny bit in the healing process it was something I could do proactively and surely it was better for me than soda or coffee.  I bought another big pack this time around but for some reason it just doesn't taste as good to me (I bought the Yogi brand both times)  so I haven't been drinking much. I have 3 boxes left and I'm having my c-section in 24 hours.. I do plan to drink a few cups today, though, and also to drink it in the following weeks :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't imagine it would hurt if it's your first c-section. If you've already had one, however, it's probably a very bad idea because you could increase your risk of rupture if you're doing anything to encourage contractions. I speak as someone who started to rupture, so it's obviously something I'm sensitive about. If I were you and you really want to help your uterus heal with RRL tea, maybe you could take it after the c/s? Or is it only supposed to be effective if you start before the c/s? I imagine it's supposed to work because it encourages the uterus to contract, and that in turn helps things close up.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys.  It will be my 2nd c section.  Dr said I could drink it starting week 28 that even if I have contrations I will be having a c section.  She said the tea makes contraction more like Braxton Hicks in her experience. The contractions seem to make your uterus contract but not with great force like normal contractions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"