Pre-School and Daycare

Summer Camp

I have been debating about whether to place my 4 year old in two different summer camps this summer.  I found a summer camp for him that is half-day during the month of June near my house. It only lasts for the month of June. In July, I would like to place him in a two week camp at the school that I hope he will attend for elementary.  He also may be starting a new pre-k program in the fall. Is this too much transition for him at one time? My concern is about the two different summer camps and the new school in the fall...

Re: Summer Camp

• I think each child is different and it would probably depend how the 1st summer camp goes. With DD1, I believe she would thrive at the different camps as I would build up the idea of new adventures at each one. She's pretty outgoing tho.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto pp about it depending on the child. I have twin girls. One would be fine with all the changes while the other one would have a bit more difficulty.

Is your son outgoing? How quickly does he adapt to new environments? Is he shy? Is he comfort
  • Loading the player...
  • How does LO generally do with transitions?  I have one that would ask me "Is that all I get to do?"  One that is a homebody and would prefer to stay home but would humor me if she can earn computer time, and one who would take the whole two week
  • I agree it really depends on the child. If your son is easy to warm up and happy with change I think it sounds fun. If not I would probably just do 1 camp.
  • Totally depends on the camp and your child.  Are they just general day camps where they do a little bit of a variety of things each day or is the camp for a specific thing like a sports camp, art camp, etc?  How long is camp?  Has your c

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"