Military Families
Options

Moving while pregnant?

I should start off by saying I'm not pregnant yet but we are trying. We just received orders for transfer. I'm trying to find out how you make plans to see an OB/GYN in your new location before you move?

Say you move between appointments and will need to be seen for a monthly visit once you get there. Do you have to go see a new PCP and then get a referral to an OB/GYN, or can my current OB/GYN refer me to a new OB out of state?

I'm currently seeing an OB/GYN because I miscarried last month.

TIA!

Re: Moving while pregnant?

• Options
    Once you are in-processed, you will be assigned a new PCM (assuming you are on Tricare Prime). Make an appointment with the new PCM, who will then give you a referral to a new OB. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I switched to standard when we moved because I did not want to deliver at the particular base hospital we were moving to.  So I just found a practice in network, called them about a month before we moved and got an appointment.  It was very easy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are Tricare Prime Remote because most of the places that we go don't have MTFs nearby. Our new location will not have one either.

• Options

imageStephanie2167:
    We are Tricare Prime Remote because most of the places that we go don't have MTFs nearby. Our new location will

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageStephanie2167:
    We are Tricare Prime Remote because most of the places that we go don't have MTFs nearby. Our new location will
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We moved from NC to CA when I was 19 weeks pregnant ... I ended up in the ER the day we arrived in CA .... and because they knew I was pregnant and they had consulted with OB on an antibiotic they were giving me (I had shingles) ... the hospital called ME
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We PCSed when I was about 9 weeks pregnant. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I called an OB and set up an appointment for shortly after our arrival. I was high risk so it was important that I not have a gap in care.

I was Standard at t
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies so much for your help. As you can see in my siggy, I am in fact pregnant so as long as this one sticks, I'll be calling an OB before I move to get an appointment setup.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"