Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Almost walking!! 11 months

LO will be 1 in just 2 more weeks, but he still doesn't seem very interested in walking! I think he is capable, just doesn't want to try. 

I don't want to force him but I do want to encourage him. What is the best way to do that?

He has been cruising for 3+ months, I would say, and crawling since 7 months. And he has even taken 2 solo steps, not in order and he fell down right after lol.

When did your LO start walking?? 

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Almost walking!! 11 months

• Options
    DD started taking steps without holding on to anything about 2 weeks ago and is up to 4 consecutively. I don't know if we really helped at all, but we have been walking with her around the house for about 2 months now (holding her hands up, but letting he
  • Options
    DS is one today and still no sign of walking. I think we are still at least another month out but who knows!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO started walking today! His bday is next week. He's been cruising for a few months now. And what I think helped was taking him to play dates with walkers! He did not like being left out. 
  • Options
    DS has been walking now for 2 weeks, he had 2 walkers that he loved and was practically running with them.  I felt he was getting used to walking with that so I finally took them away and once I did he made more of an effort to walk on his own. &nbsp
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD took her first steps at 11.5 months.  We walked her around holding her hands all the time and got her a push walker.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    DD is 9.5 months and she's walking behind push toys.  I'm so scared that she's going to walk for real.  I totally don't understand the desire to rush walking.  I'd be happy if they stayed crawling until atleast 18months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dns05dns05 member
    My child was determined to walk.  She constantly worked on it on her own.  Kind of drove me nuts.  She took her official first step at 8 1/2 months.  But, I'd say she was walking very well, and had eliminated crawling all together, by
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"