Oregon Babies
Options

Crunchy/breastfeeding/attachment parents in Portland/Gresham

Anyone? :)

I'm Janine and we live right near the Gresham Transit Center, in downtown Gresham. I have a 2 year old boy who I am still breastfeeding, and we're expecting our second in May. 

Parenting choices aren't everything but I would love to make some friends who breastfeed and co-sleep and do baby-led weaning and other "non-conventional" parenting!

Alternative Housewife - Mama style on a budget

Mama to Sebastian, born 9/2010 BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Crunchy/breastfeeding/attachment parents in Portland/Gresham

• Options

There's several AP and crunchy mom Meetups on Meetup.com.  Probably not many in Gresham, but in Portland there's tons of groups. 

I found a crunchy mom's group through the hospital I delivered at and it's been a great resource. 

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Several of the New Season's around town have support groups that tend to attract crunchy moms.  I have a great group formed through the Providence new moms groups.  We are of varying levels of 'crunchy', but all get along just fine despite our parenting philosophies.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in Gresham and my close circle of friends are all varying levels of AP. None of them are super crunchy, but 5 of 6 of us CD, all BF'd past 1 year, all are into baby and toddler wearing, all are into clean eating and living a healthy lifestyle.

Of course, 2 of them now live in Portland. Wink

I met these moms at the Gresham Library storytime when all the kids were babies but we all have toddlers now. Check out library storytime, Gresham and Fairview branches both have one or two a week. Gresham has a 2 year old group at 11 on Thursdays, and you can check the library's website for other times and locations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crunchy but live in Beaverton.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"