April 2013 Moms
Options

Silent Labor--midnightdaydream

Ok Midnight Daydreams--I will respond in an entirely different post to help you out a bitBig Smile

Ok, so your entire post got me thinking about the topic of silent labor.  In fact, I never even considered it what happened to me, but maybe there is a name for it?  My birth story with my DS 2 1/2 years ago comes close, but I am not sure if its really what you are talking about.

Nutshell story....

My first pregnancy everything seemed normal.  At 38 weeks I had a day that I did not feel the baby move AT ALL the whole day.  By 11pm I was starting to worry.  Called my mom and she said to go to the hospital.  I was  FTM and didn't want the embarrassment of being sent away for being so stupid.  Well her and DH convinced me and there I was in L&D with monitors on my stomach by midnight.  My dr came in and said--guess what--you are in labor!  I thought he was kidding.  According to the printout, I was having regular-timeable contractions--but I wasn't feeling them.  Next he said I couldn't leave because I was about to have this baby.

So here is what happened next-- I was told I was one centimeter at that time, I got an epi (because I was scared) about 2 hours later, my water broke in the hospital bed 30ish min later.  Only 5 1/2 hours after arriving at the hospital my son was born.  

So there you have it.  I never experienced any actual contractions that were not just BH leading up until that day.  I even returned my stopwatch I bought to time them with.   As cool as this story sounds, I do not want to repeat this.  I found out the reason my son wasn't moving was low amniotic fluid.  My new dr says if I hadn't gone in when I did, I may have not brought a baby home (worst case scenario).  It was a sign that the placenta wasn't quite doing its job anymore.

Sorry for the long post, but now my DH asks everyday if I feel this baby moving.  To tell you the truth I am hoping my water breaks or I get real contractions to know that its time and don't have to make a guess. 

To answer your questions-- I don't think heredity played in it for me.  My mom had three kids and did not experience it the way I did.   There is a much larger chance that you will have a normal labor.  Just make sure you listen to your body and watch for signs.  Seriously, I almost let my pride get in the way and that "might have" been not so good for DS.  I think I am more nervous this time around, but I feel much more prepared too.  Good luck to you!

Re: Silent Labor--midnightdaydream

• Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I thank you for understanding and telling me your story. I just wanted to know if it was possible for that to happen whether it was hereditary or not and if it can happen with FTM's.

So thank you again
    BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageMicelle78:

So here is what happened next-- I was told I was one centimeter at that time, I got an epi (because I was scared

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

First--never said silent labor

Second-- NO I WAS NOT INDUCED

They told me I was one centimeter and that I would probably feel the contractions soon and said: You can not go home, they are too close together even though you are not fee

• Options

I have a friend that went in for her 30 week appointment and mentioned to the doctor that she was leaking mucous.  The doctor did his checks and realized she was in labor.  She couldn't feel anything due to an "incompetent cervix".&

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMicelle78:

First--never said silent labor

Second-- NO I WAS NOT INDUCED

I panicked and said y

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards