Breastfeeding
Options

My milk still hasnt come in...

I had the baby Monday around noon, and now its Thursday night and my milk still hasnt come in. I have noticed her drinking a bit more and my breasts feeling a little fuller today, but not like it was with my other two kids.

When my milk came in with them, I woke up drenched in milk in the middle of the night both times and milk was coming out like crazy for weeks. I could feel a definate let down and if I didnt feed right on schedule I would leak right through pads and clothes. I dont remember what exact day this happened before though.

Since I successfully breastfed two other kids, I should be okay this time right? My milk might just be delayed a day or two? Im getting worried it might not come....

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My milk still hasnt come in...

• Options
    Still hasn't been five days yet, right? Maybe it'll take another day or two?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like it's just starting to gear up...just keep nursing frequently!  It's good you noted she's drinking and you're fuller. You might not get engorged.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    it took almost a week for mine to come in. But I'm an EP so once it finally came in, I was pumping 12oz every 3 hours!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n
  • Options
    My milk started to come in on day 6, and didn't fully come in for another day or so. I have NEVER been engorged, and am still successfully BFing at 23 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"