Breastfeeding
Options

when is it time to stop pumping...

I exclusively pump and am now down to only getting 5-6 ounces total a day between 3 pumping sessions.  I just too out a session as it wasn't helping any.  When did you finally decide to stop pumping and go straight to formula???

(my little one takes formula like a champ as I already went through my freezer stash)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when is it time to stop pumping...

• Options
    I think that is a really personal decision.  Do you feel happy with the length of time that your LO has breastmilk?  Do you feel ready to stop?
  • Options

When I started to resent pumping and it was getting in the way of me enjoying time with H or LO.  With DS1 this was at about 6 months.  I told myself I'd do one more week (never quit on your worst day) at the end of the week I felt ready. 

I'm glad I went as long as I did and I'm glad I quit when I did.  

Just remember as you're weaning your hormones will be a bit wacky so you may go back and forth a few times wondering if you made the right decision.  

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

When I started to resent pumping and it was getting in the way of me enjoying time with H or LO.  With DS1 this was at about 6 months.  I told myself I'd do one more week (never quit on your worst day) at the end of the week I felt ready. 

I'm glad I went as long as I did and I'm glad I quit when I did.  

Just remember as you're weaning your hormones will be a bit wacky so you may go back and forth a few times wondering if you made the right decision.  

Thanks..this is what I was looking for.  I have been over the whole pumping thing for a while now, but feel like I need to continue pumping even though I barely get anything.  Then the next time I get one ounce after 25 minutes I get upset and the cycle continues.....

• Options
    If you're done, you're done.  Simple.  Have you tried any herbs to increase production?  Are you just plain done?  You kicked major arse getting as far as you did EP'ing!
  • Options

imagepickle82:
    If you're done, you're done.  Simple.  Have you tried any herbs to increase production?  Are you just plain done?  You kicked major arse getting as far as you did EP'ing!

I have been taking fenugreek since she was three months old, done all the 'right' things and still having supply issues...trust me when I say I have wanted to quit several months ago, but I have hung on....Thanks for the encouragement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"