Breastfeeding

when is it time to stop pumping...

I exclusively pump and am now down to only getting 5-6 ounces total a day between 3 pumping sessions.  I just too out a session as it wasn't helping any.  When did you finally decide to stop pumping and go straight to formula???

(my little one takes formula like a champ as I already went through my freezer stash)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when is it time to stop pumping...

• I think that is a really personal decision.  Do you feel happy with the length of time that your LO has breastmilk?  Do you feel ready to stop?
  • When I started to resent pumping and it was getting in the way of me enjoying time with H or LO.  With DS1 this was at about 6 months.  I told myself I'd do one more week (never quit on your worst day) at the end of the week I felt ready. 

I'm glad I went as long as I did and I'm glad I quit when I did.  

Just remember as you're weaning your hormones will be a bit wacky so you may go back and forth a few times wondering if you made the right decision.  

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • imageEMO-mamma:

When I started to resent pumping and it was getting in the way of me enjoying time with H or LO.  With DS1 this was at about 6 months.  I told myself I'd do one more week (never quit on your worst day) at the end of the week I felt ready. 

I'm glad I went as long as I did and I'm glad I quit when I did.  

Just remember as you're weaning your hormones will be a bit wacky so you may go back and forth a few times wondering if you made the right decision.  

Thanks..this is what I was looking for.  I have been over the whole pumping thing for a while now, but feel like I need to continue pumping even though I barely get anything.  Then the next time I get one ounce after 25 minutes I get upset and the cycle continues.....

• If you're done, you're done.  Simple.  Have you tried any herbs to increase production?  Are you just plain done?  You kicked major arse getting as far as you did EP'ing!
  • imagepickle82:
    If you're done, you're done.  Simple.  Have you tried any herbs to increase production?  Are you just plain done?  You kicked major arse getting as far as you did EP'ing!

I have been taking fenugreek since she was three months old, done all the 'right' things and still having supply issues...trust me when I say I have wanted to quit several months ago, but I have hung on....Thanks for the encouragement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"