Adoption

New Baby in Our House

Hey Ladies!  I know I have been MIA lately.  I needed some space while DH and I figured out our next steps after our foster boys were reunified with their birth family.  While we fully supported this move, we were unsure what route was best for our family (fostering, adopting, trying to get pregnant or getting another dog).  We took our time to make sure we both felt comfortable in our decision.  Ultimately, we decided to put our names on the list for fostering again.  This go-round we were open to 1 child ages infant to two years old.  And we very quickly were placed with a 2 months old little boy, Butter Bean!  

Right now we are battling some medical issues, which has resulted in lots of screaming.. by all of us!  Ha!  But the good news is that everything is expected to clear up with time.  We are looking forward to getting him healthy and enjoying a happy baby!

Here's a picture of Rudy loving on Butter Bean.  There are a few more pictures on my blog if you are interested!

Re: New Baby in Our House

• Congrats on the placement!! Hope your little guy is feeling better soon! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's awesome and happy belated birthday!  Looking forward to hearing how Butter Bean improves with your loving care.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! Hope you're all on the mend shortly. Rudy seems to like his new brother ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats! I hope all health issues get cleared up quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• Congrats on your placement, that is so exciting :  )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Congratulations!! That didn't take long! What a cute pic.
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Congratulations on your new placement! I admit that I was wondering what you guys would do.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Oh congrats!

Is it harder or easier fostering a baby vs fostering children? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegreenteabee:

Oh congrats!

Is it harder or easier fostering a baby vs fostering children? 

It is so different that it is hard to compare.  But I think for us this placement is easier compared to our previous placement of a 5yo and 2yo.

Mentally it is easier because there is only 1 child and his needs are much more simple: feed, keep clean, cuddle, bathe, etc.  With older children, you have all of these needs as well as setting up rules, discipline and demonstrating a safe, structured environment.

Physically I would say it is a draw.  While we are lacking some sleep now, it is easier for us to take shifts.  Where as we easily felt overwhelmed dealing with both boys (especially in the beginning with behavior issues) when by yourself.  Also, the previous placement require much more energy/attention when they were awake.  Whereas Butter Bean is much more chill.

Emotionally, I think this placement is going to be harder.  We did not have a super strong attachment to our previous placement.  While we loved them and cared deeply about their best interest they never felt like "ours".  There was always an element of us feeling like we were babysitting.  However, this go round we are consciously focusing on attachment for both ours and Butter Bean's benefit.  Even in a week, I'm already seeing a difference in this placement.  So I think this placement could be a bigger heart break, which sucks but also means there our time together could be more rewarding/cherished. 

• So cute! Congrats on the placement!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"