Late Term and Child Loss

Intro

I am sorry that this board has to exist, and sorry for everyone's loss.  It's nice though to find a supportive place where others can understand what I am going through.

We currently have a 19 month old at home that we adopted at birth.  His birth parents got pregnant again and we were adopting our son's full biological younger sibling that was due this coming May 20th.

We got the call three weeks ago today that our little Reid was here, at only 25 weeks gestation.  I flew out of town immediately to be by his side.  He passed away just under 48 hours after birth.

I didn't carry him, but the connection was there and I am so heartbroken.  I have a lot of internal grief with that, I felt he was my son, although on paper he was not yet.  It's just a struggle I am not sure how to cope with.  I just took off my NICU hospital bracelet this morning, so silly but I just couldn't take it off.  I am always on the verge of tears.  I know time will heal my wounds, and I know it will be a long process.  I want to be strong for my 19th month old (not that he understands, but one day he will) and strong for my husband (who won't really talk about things). 

Thanks for letting me share. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro

• So sorry of the loss of our Reid.  Sorry to be meeting you under these circumstances but welcome.  The women here are amazing!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• I am so sorry for the loss of your son and that you find yourself here. The women on this board are amazing and very supportive.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your son Reid. I am glad that you found us but sorry you have to join us. Hugs!! This process is a tough one hugs!!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Reid.  I hope this board will be helpful to you in the coming months.  I'm sorry you're here with us, but welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  Little Reid was loved, I'm sure.  I know what you mean about not wanting to take off the bracelet.  This may sound silly, but I cried when the last bits of sticky tape from my IV finally washed off. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. As others said, I absolutely believe that Reid was loved and knew you were - and are - his mommy. I'm another who cried when the last bits of sticky tape washed off, too...I also held on to the hospital bracelets and put them with my son's memorial box. Those little things matter when you go through something like this. Again, I'm so sorry. *hugs*
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Reid.  I hope you find the support here that you need, this is an amazing group of women.  ((hugs))

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Thank you everyone for your kind and welcoming words! 
  • So sorry you lost your little man Reid. Welcome to the group, we're here for you. ((HUGS))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"