North Carolina Babies
Options

OB in Durham/CH area

Hi All,

I just found out I'm pregnant (yay) and needed some recommendations on the best OB's in the Chapel Hill/Durham area.  We recently moved here from Florida and I haven't found an OB/GYN since the move. I'm lost. lol.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OB in Durham/CH area

• Options
    I went to Durham OB and LOVED them!! All the drs and staff were great! They deliver at Durham Regional-had a wonderful experience there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you! I'll take a look at their practice.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to Harris & Smith for a long time while living in Chapel Hill and liked them a lot. Dr. Choi is very good. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I go to Durham OB as well.  I really like the practice.  My main Dr is Dr Jarvis, but I've seen several others and have been happy with all of them.

I suffered a miscarriage last spring while I was a patient at Chapel Hill OBGYN and I left the practice because of the way that they handled it.  I'm much much happier at Durham OB.  I'll be delivering at Durham Regional hopefully within the next few weeks :)

BFP 5/6/12 MC 5/23/12
    BFP 7/22/12 DD born 4/9/13
    BFP 4/11/14 EDD 12/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! Nice to hear from other mommies in the area. Turns out our preferred network is UNC hospital and UNC Timberlyne OB/GYN. Anyone familiar with that group? I have a phone interview with them next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been going to Women's Health Alliance (previously Durham Women's Clinic) since before I became pregnant with my first. It's a wonderful practice with an amazing staff. I honestly love everyone there. The recently began a midwifery program that I took advantage of with my most recent pregnancy. I highly recommend that. You meet as a group with other couples who are due around the same time you are and the group is led by a midwife. It's awesome! They deliver at Durham Regional, which I also can't say enough good things about. I had a csection with my first & a VBAC with my second...fantastic experiences both times. Let me know if you have any questions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagecandylandycane:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! Nice to hear from other mommies in the area. Turns out our preferred network is UNC hospital and UNC Timberlyne OB/GYN. Anyone familiar with that group? I have a phone interview with them next week.

I go to UNC OB and love them.  I left a practice in Raleigh after my daughter was stillborn and have been at UNC through my pregnancy with my son and my current one.  All the doctors there really listen and I feel they will do whatever they can to help you and make you feel more comfortable.  I primarily see Dr. Howell but I havn't really met one there I didn't care for.  They are very attentive and don't make you feel rushed.  They also have top of the line ultrasound equipment and everything else. 

When I was in labor with my son, they had a wireless monitor I was able to use so I could move around and even get in the shower if I wanted to.  I wanted a natural birth and the staff there really stood by my decision and didn't even mention anestesia (sp?) to me.  I had a great experience and they definetly have top of the line care. When I was 28 weeks with my son I started to go into preterm labor and they were able to stop it but they also introduced me to a team of doctors that were "my team" should he decide to come early (we were blessed that that didn't happen).     

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I use Durham OBGYN, I had to see one of the Harris doctors from the other practice one time, and didn't care much for him.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Big fan of Duke Women's Health Associates.  They deliver at Duke

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    I've heard great things about UNC Timberlyne OB/GYN - 2 of my neighbors were so happy w/ them that I have been considering switching and I'm 32 weeks - not a good time to switch.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm expecting my first and heard great things about delivering at WakeMed Cary.  I'm looking for a good OB that delivers there… unless there are overwhelming recommendations to deliver somewhere else.

Has anyone heard anything about Cary OBGYN?  They are part of the Women's Health Alliance. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"