Adoption

Taking a break

I said the words this week and I am not happy about it. My mom is just too unstable, too sick. She is really fading and seems to be getting worse each day the last couple of months. I am overwhelmed. I have too much to figure out. Our SW called this week to see how we wanted to proceed after not getting the trio we put our homestudy in for in December, and I let her know that we needed to take a break and re-evaluate each month. I did not like saying that. This is the season we are in. I keep telling myself that. Sometimes I wonder why God has shut so many doors for us. Maybe we are not meant to be parents. Maybe we are meant to be missionaries one day when we are not taking care of our own parents, or join the circus. I always liked elephants. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Taking a break

• While elephants are fabulous, they aren't very cuddly :)

in your siggy I see that it says you are answering a long awaited call to adopt. I truly feel that if you feel that, you probably are meant to adopt, it just might not yet be the perfect time. Maybe God just knows you need to spend this time with your mother before she passes. Doors are shutting because they aren't the perfect situation for you and God is keeping you from that. Nothing about IF or adoption is easy and it sucks that some of us have to go through it. I'm so sorry you are going through this, and I am sending you lots of virtual hugs! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• Maybe you are meant to be parents, just not right now.

I'll be praying for your mom, and for strength for your family as you make your path forward

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • (( Hugs )) I'm so sorry you're having a tough time and that you have to take a break.  I'm so sorry that your mom is so ill, I wish so much there was something I could do.  I know you are meant to be parents, I'm just sorry that you have had so many obstacles in your way.  I will keep praying for you, lots of thoughts and love for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Hugs- god may close some doors but he opens others. Stay Strong, Keep Faith!!! I'm praying for your mom and your family.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • What a difficult season.  I'm so sorry things are like this right now.  I'll be praying for your strength and faith through all of this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You will be able to teach your child resiliency, endurance, grace and patience because those are the traits you are showing now, through this season. What an amazing parent you will be, whenever that comes true. 

Prayers and virtual hugs to you and your mom.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"