Iowa Babies

Baby shower venue in or near Des Moines?

Any ideas for where to host a baby shower in or near Des Moines this spring?  10-15 people plus a few kids under age 4 so somewhere small that is somewhat kid friendly.  I am open to having it at a restaurant as long as we could have a private room.  
A few appetizers and dessert (cupcakes or cake) are what I am thinking as far as what I want to serve for food. Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Baby shower venue in or near Des Moines?

• I've been checking into golf courses and hotels. They are reasonable.
  • sometimes churches are pretty flexible even if you aren't a member, if the space is available.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Jasper Winery. The kids could play outside on the patio. Great location.
  • I know in Ankeny Okoboji Grill and Wig and Pen have private party rooms that would easily accomodate a group that size.  Typically they want food ordered from their menus, but are flexible with options and you can bring in cake!

Pregnancy Ticker imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I know this is an old thread, but just discovered that Ephemera, the adorable stationery store in the East Village, rents its back room (light/bright, high ceilings, cute space!) by the hour for showers and is very lax on what you bring as far as alcohol/food/etc. Just passing along! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"