VBAC
Options

my successful VBAC story!

My DD1 was born via c/s and was 9lbs 6oz.  23months later DD2 was born VBAC and i was so thankful to have the birth I wanted. 

with DD2 I labored naturally until i got to 7cm and then had them administer the epidural.  i got to sleep for a few hours, and a few hours later i had gotten to 10cm and was ready to push.  just 5 min of pushing and my sweet baby girl was here.  the recovery was so much better with my vaginal delivery, and i even got to get up and take a bath that same day.  i left the hospital two days later, and even though i had a 2nd degree tear from my 8lb 11oz girl, i felt amazing.  just a few short weeks later, i've been feeling my best, and so hoping for another amazing birth like this next time. :)

i always read these stories when i was worried about VBAC and wanted to give inspiration to those contemplating between VBAC & RCS. if i got to choose, i would never again have a csect. 

good luck mamas!

Re: my successful VBAC story!

• Options
    Congrats!  Thanks for sharing your story. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How wonderful! Congratulations! 

If you don't mind sharing, did you labor at home for a long time or did you get to 7 cm while laboring in the hospital? How long was your labor? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    very sweet story. thanks for posting and congrats on your baby girl!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagececilyandgautam:

How wonderful! Congratulations! 

If you don't mind sharing, did you labor at home for a long time or did you get to 7 cm while laboring in the hospital? How long was your labor? 

thanks! yes my labor started at 3:00pm, i didn't realize it was labor until about 7:00pm (i was induced with DD1) and we left for the hospital around 8:00pm.  I was dedicated to my VBAC, and the closest hospital was about 4 hours driving distance.  we got to the hospital at 1:30am and that's when they checked me initialy at a 5cm, and a few minutes later at 7cm.  I recieved the epidural shortly after and got some sleep.  I woke up around 6am and had only progressed to 8cm (the epidural slows me down i guess).  the doctor had the nurses put me in differnet positions to get fully dialated.  by 9:30am I was fully dialated to a 10cm and the doctor had me push and just a few short pushes and she was here! 

hope my story inspires others to go after their VBAC if that's what they want.  it meant everything to me to have a successful VBAC and i'm so thankful I was blessed to experience that.  My doctor was fully supportive as was my DH.

• Options
    imageAmaryllis619:
    My DD1 was born via c/s and was 9lbs 6oz.nbsp; 23months later DD2 was born VBAC and i was so thankful to have the birth I wanted.nbsp;
    with DD2 I labored naturally until i got to 7cm and then had them administer the epidural.nbsp; i got to sleep for a few hours, and a few hours later i had gotten to 10cm and was ready to push.nbsp; just 5 min of pushing and my sweet baby girl was here.nbsp; the recovery was so much better with my vaginal delivery, and i even got to get up and take a bath that same day.nbsp; i left the hospital two days later, and even though i had a 2nd degree tear from my 8lb 11oz girl, i felt amazing.nbsp; just a few short weeks later, i've been feeling my best, and so hoping for another amazing birth like this next time. :
    i always read these stories when i was worried about VBAC and wanted to give inspiration to those contemplating between VBAC amp; RCS. if i got to choose, i would never again have a csect.nbsp;
    good luck mamas!

How far along were you before you went into labor?
  • Options
    I love hearing big baby VBAC stories. DD was 9lb 9oz and I'm hoping to have a VBAC with this baby. Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"