Pre-School and Daycare

Preschool and taxes

This is the first year that DD is going to preschool. Are we able to deduct her preschool cost in our taxes this year?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Preschool and taxes

• We never have.  I think there is a way to if preschool is a child care alternative... my friend works part time, her DH FT.  They write it off b/c it is part of his childcare.  I do not know the rules, but with 3 in preschool, sure wish I could!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, only daycare. And you might hear that people do it but I would not screw with the IRS.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Our preschool teacher gave all of us a form so we could claim the expense on our taxes
  • If it's daycare you can claim it.  We get a end of year statment from our daycare.  We've been able to use that for a good little bit extra back.  I think you have to be working and need the daycare (I could be totally wrong about that though) in order to get the refund. 
  • Only if both parents are working or going to school full time. I am a SAHM and my children go to Pre-K and I cannot deduct their preschool on our taxes since I am not working and I don't go to school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No

however you can run the expense through a dependent care FSA. That is legit with the IRS (I am an accountant)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"