Postpartum Depression
Options

Can PPD diagnosis in ?medical history? be used against me?

I feel like I need help with potential PPD and want to discuss with my OB. But I?m getting nervous about what the repercussions of a PPD diagnosis would be. For example, would it affect my ability to get life insurance? I also read on another website that a woman who was diagnosed with PPD was barred from adopting by several agencies (that had zero tolerance for mental health issues). Are there other ways that PPD can be used against me?

Re: Can PPD diagnosis in ?medical history? be used against me?

• Options

I'm honestly not sure. But I'd be more concerned about the repercussions of untreated PPD, if I were you. Please ask for help if you think you are depressed. It's far more important to be a healthy, happy mom.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    imagehomebird:

I'm honestly not sure. But I'd be more concerned about the repercussions of untreated PPD, if I were you. Please ask for help if you think you are depressed. It's far more important to be a healthy, happy mom.

Thank you! I shared my fears with DH and he said the same thing as you. That it?s more important for me to be well and capable of taking care of my kids. So I did talk to my OB and am getting help.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can only say that I have an anxiety/depression diagnosis on my chart, and it has never affected what I do. I opened a home daycare. I had to get medical approval and they never said anything about the PPD.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"