Birth Stories
Options

My Natural birth; Welcoming Charlotte Grace

Hello all,

So I had gone in on Oct.23 @ 9am for an OB appt, she offered to do a cervical check, I accepted. She was very rough and I think she did a sweep although she didnt say she did. My previous check was quick and painless but oh well. I later went to walk the mall with my mother and kept feeling uncomforteable contractions. I was timing them but once they got close a random one would break them up so I just kept restarting, resting, changing positions annd eating. Eventually I called gave my OB a headsup she of course said stay home another hr and call again if anything changes. I was irritated cause since my exam they had increased. So I waited and they got more painful throughout my butt and back so I went in. Also I forgot to add I was persistant on going in asap cause I had just found out that day I tested positive for GBS, and I labor quickly and when your positive you have to get an IV flushed through you and get the full dose.

So I went in knowing it was increasing and I wanted to be safe not sorry. Got checked in had went from a 2cm 40%effaced from my appt to a 3cm and 70% she said walk or w/e for an hour then if no change i'll be sent home. Got rechecked was a 4 so got admitted and started IV process etc. I'd say about 10 was when I got admitted. I did go all natural as I had with my previous 2, so I labored on the ball , while standing and in there awesome jet tubs. I made it to a 7 when they increased big time and I stayed at that for maybe an hr so she broke my waters and within 5min or less got that pushing urge she checked and I was a 10.

I HATE THAT PUSHING FEELING AND THE RING OF FIRE!!!!!

Thank god her head was so tiny but man it's the worst pain ever. I literally pooped. . .pee'd. . . and once I made room for her releasing so much pushed her right out. I also had a lot of blood clots which was different from my other deliveries. After delivering the placenta and when they do the abdomen "massage" I had a lot of blood and clots come out, poor nurses got squirted w/ every possible fluid my body could create. Embarrassing to say the least.Had her @ 4:52am Oct 24th and we are now home and resting. She is also a nursing champ and milk has already started coming in.

P.S No stitches YAY

Re: My Natural birth; Welcoming Charlotte Grace

• Options
    Congrats on your baby girl. Love the name as well. 
  • Options
    Perfect!!! Big SATC fan, I'm guessing!!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!! And I agree about that pushing feeling! It is the worst pain ever and feels like you are giving birth out your butt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"