TTC After a Loss

Anyone's pets have behavior changes that go along with changes in your cycle?

So, both of my male cats have been really clingy today and the past couple of days. Today I got a positive on my OPK.  I've heard of animals sensing changes due to hormones, but not really during ovulation. Holy cow, they won't leave me alone! haha

Anyone else experience this with their pets?image

Multiple TTCAL 1image
 TTC #1 since March 2011 
BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

Re: Anyone's pets have behavior changes that go along with changes in your cycle?

• I posted something very similar to this on TTGP a few months ago.. and I got plagued with MUD comments and what not. 

YES!

My dog is super mega cuddly won't leave me alone right before/during O. 

Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
  • PG mentioned

Not during ovulation. But frubaby in siggy was part of the reason I tested when I did, and I got a BFP.  Then he wouldn't leave me alone he always sniffed my belly and smiled at it (a chessie smile).  During the loss he never left my side, and would lay in bed and snuggle me while I cried.  He does not usually snuggle anymore because his hips and shoulders hurt him too much, but he never complained.  Just cuddled down into me and kept right by me. 

They know for sure.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Loading the player...
  • pg mentioned

my dog was really extra protective when I was pg :)

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • my cats are always clingy, so there's no change in them 

My dog always starts heavy with the crotch sniff and then starts dry humping  when I've about to ovulate.... I guess I turn her on Stick out tongue She also like to eat tampons though, so I'm not so sure that's a compliment!

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • imagekatharine25:

my cats are always clingy, so there's no change in them 

My dog always starts heavy with the crotch sniff and then starts dry humping  when I've about to ovulate.... I guess I turn her on Stick out tongue She also like to eat tampons though, so I'm not so sure that's a compliment!

I wonder what FF would do if you added "crotch sniffing" and "dry humping" to the specific symptoms? 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • **m/c mentioned**

My dog is absolutely like this! She is so amazing! I'm not sure that it's hormones but it is definitely how I am feeling. When I was miscarrying, she was right by my side the whole time. She behaved herself, stayed very quiet and just snuggled me. It was a huge comfort during such a rough time. 

• imagekatharine25:

haha. That's funny about the dry humping, I guess they can sense a lot more than humans can.

Speaking of human senses... I did a search for this topic online because I have the night off and was curious. I came across a thread where some guys were saying that they could tell where a woman was in her cycle by smell (even with clothes on). Ew! I don't trust that and really hope that's not the case because it's really creepy.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• yes! I've noticed that when I O, my german shepard sticks with me wherever I go.

pg mentioned

When I was pg last year Boomer wouldn't let me out of his sight. The pic of him in my siggy he was actually "helping" me wrap Christmas presents. I didnt know I was pg at the time but he was pretty much trying to sit in my lap. I got my BFP a few days later.

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• my dog is a cuddle whore at all times.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • :::pg mentioned::::::

When I was Pg, my lab went through a false pregnancy! I brought her to the vet because I thought she was but I had no idea when she had contact with another dog! Anyway, her body changed and she started to protect and carry this spider toy she had. She wouldn't go anywhere without it and would sleep with it nuzzled in her belly and cleaned it for hours! It was so bizarre. The vet said it is more common than you think.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • We're lucky that our cats are actually pretty cool and very cuddly most of the time. When I O, they tend to prefer my company over DH's. It's pretty funny how he gets snubbed sometimes.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• imageLAMCH1980:
    :::pg mentioned:::::: When I was Pg, my lab went through a false pregnancy! I brought her to the vet because I thought she was but I had no idea when she had contact with another dog! Anyway, her body changed and she started to protect and carry this spider toy she had. She wouldn't go anywhere without it and would sleep with it nuzzled in her belly and cleaned it for hours! It was so bizarre. The vet said it is more common than you think.

Wow, I've never heard of that! That's pretty cool, you must have a very close bond. Smile

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• Pg ment

I think this is true. Our dog was super clingy during my pregnancies and my m/c.
    image Noah Michael, born sleeping 9/29/12 at 19w 3d. We love you forever Little Man! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 2/4/13 EDD: 10/11/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Patiently waiting for Buggirl to join me!!
    Beta #1 11dpo:89 Progesterone:38.9 Beta #2 18dpo:1940
    HB seen at 6w HB 8w 5d 176bpm! Its a BOY!
    grow rainbow grow!!!!
    All Always Welcome!!
  • Yeah I want to respond to all of these....

I am convinced duke (in sig) not only knew when I was pg, but also knew something was wrong.  I started bleeding on a Sunday and he wouldn't leave me alone, even tried to get in the recliner with me.  then while cooking he kept nudging my belly and making his chomp chomp noise.

I O'ed Friday of this week, he has been clingy today, but I also have a headache so I am chalking it up to that.  He is always right there when I am sick.  Funny thing is, he is DH's dog, they were together 6years before I came along.  But he has become mama's baby now.

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Luciddreamer, thanks. Yes, she is my best friend! That was 13 years ago and I am still blessed to have her by my side. She slept with her head on my belly this last time and stayed very close after my DC. My DD has gone through several surgeries and she wouldn't leave her side either! She is absolutely amazing! I have a pic of her with that spider. I should dig it up!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Pg and MC mentioned....

When I found out I was pg my mom's dog did not come near me at all. She normally is all over me and loves when I come over. While I was pg she did everything she could to stay away from me...

I also have 4 dogs and when we went thru our MC  Fenway my Boxer would not leave my side. He would freak out if he was outside for too long and couldn't be with me. He would freak out if I would leave the house for too long. He wanted nothing to do with DH. All he wanted to do was lay with my and snuggle with me. He has never acted like that before and after about a week or so he stopped. I truly believe that they can tell something is different with us. 

BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've heard of behavior changes in pets during pregnancy, but not during O.  I guess it's possible.

Also, my cats are selfish jerks - they are completely useless when it comes to emotional support.   Tradesies, anyone?  I could use a live O/BFP predictor.  (Though yours might take that job title a little too seriously, Kat! :P)

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My dog is always pretty close to me but before I found out I was pg with Corbin he like had to be touching me in some way, shape or form at all times. He was also obsessed with being all up in mine and DH's "business."  The first night in our house without Corbin, our dog (who normally sleeps with us but with his head at the end of the bed giving you a lovely view of doggy butt) slept with his head on the pillows right between us the entire night.  He knew before I knew I was pg and he knew/knows something happened.  When we take him with us to the cemetery he knows where we are and he knows exactly where to go.  Dogs are super smart!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• imageluciddreamer106:
    imagekatharine25:

haha. That's funny about the dry humping, I guess they can sense a lot more than humans can.

Speaking of human senses... I did a search for this topic online because I have the night off and was curious. I came across a thread where some guys were saying that they could tell where a woman was in her cycle by smell (even with clothes on). Ew! I don't trust that and really hope that's not the case because it's really creepy.

There is some scientific credence behind this, although it is more of a subconscious thing due to pheromones. But men can subconsciously distinguish between different cycle stages because of the pheromones that women emit during those stages. It is not "sniff, sniff" you're ovulating lol but their arousal levels and things are subconsciously changed. I can't remember the exact details, but in one of my classes at school we discussed a few studies on this topic.

• imagekm_md:
    imageluciddreamer106:
    imagekatharine25:

There is some scientific credence behind this, although it is more of a subconscious thing due to pheromones. But men can subconsciously distinguish between different cycle stages because of the pheromones that women emit during those stages. It is not "sniff, sniff" you're ovulating lol but their arousal levels and things are subconsciously changed. I can't remember the exact details, but in one of my classes at school we discussed a few studies on this topic.

Last week all signs were pointing to O and before I even brought it up to DH he started asking why I was wearing perfume.  I rarely wear any, since I'm in the salon all day my nose is assulted to all kinds of smells.  Any how he said I smelled sweet and my smell was making him want me.  Embarrassed  But I know that when I get AF HIS smell is intoxicating.

***All AL'ers Welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"