Multiples
Options

AW: Can't believe I've survived this long

Hi ladies!

I don't post as much as I did when I was pregnant with the boys, but still try to lurk when I can.  I just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice/survival tips posted here.  I can't believe the boys are going to be 10 months old next week! They're still nursing great, crawling everywhere, and are just such a joy. 

Happy Friday ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: Can't believe I've survived this long

• Options
    So cute and so big now!
  • Options
    Awww! Cutie pies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow...congrats!  Any advice for a mom that will be in  your circumstances pretty soon.  I am pretty overwhelmed by the thought of having 4 children under 5! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They are absolutely adorable!!
  • Options
    Cute!!

• Options
    My girls are 10 weeks, so still in survival mode. Some days I don't think I am going to make it. This gives me hope. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageLil Kate:

Wow...congrats!  Any advice for a mom that will be in  your circumstances pretty soon.  I am pretty overwhelmed by the thought of having 4 children under 5! 

Expect chaos and learn to function in it! Some days you'll need to take it an hour at a time - some days I felt like if I just made it through the next 15 mins, I'd be ok. Then the next 15 mins, and so on.

Its going to be hard - but you can do it. I think that having the girls first helped me handle the newborn phase with the boys. I already knew how to handle that period of sleeplessness while having to care for another and recovering.  

Be prepared for all hell breaking lose - older children screaming/fighting and the babies screaming/crying at the same time. Just take a deep breath and do what you can, when you can.  

Expect that having twins is nothing like having singletons or having singletons close in age.  Its more than just caring for two at once.  In our situation, having twins is not twice the work, but four times. 

Accept help from people that will actually help you.  I've been on my own since the boys were about a month old and I'm at the point where I don't know how to tell someone to help me - even DH.  Although he is doing his internship year and does about 60-80 hours a week, so he's not really around/much help. 

And be prepared to feel like a moving circus.  With so many LOs to run herd on and twins attracting strangers, even a quick errand can be stressful/take forever.   To save time/make it easier, I wear the boys (I have two Ergo carriers, so I wear one in the front and the other in the back) anytime I have to go grocery shopping.  Instead of trying to do the push/pull with their DSNG and the cart - which attracts people - I can just pust the cart.  And most people don't notice that I have two babies, so I am not stopped on every aisle and told "My, you've got your hands full!"

Leaving the house is an adventure and the first time you survive everyone's meltdown is both an amazing accomplishment and incredibly draining. 

And if you've made it this far - just keep moving forward.  You CAN do this.  It will not be hard forever and it does get easier.  Feel free to PM me!

• Options

imageBDK807:
    My girls are 10 weeks, so still in survival mode. Some days I don't think I am going to make it. This gives me hope. Thanks!

I had many many nights like that.  Even now I have days where I don't think I'll make it to bedtime - but somehow I do.  The only thing I can do is to keep putting on foot in front of the other and doing the best I can with what I have. 

Hang in there!!!

• Options
    They are adorable. Glad to hear it gets easier. My boys are 6 weeks and its challenging. I love posts like this that give a glimpse of the not so distant future.
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"