Baby Showers
Options

Alternative to favors?

2»

Re: Alternative to favors?

• Options

I agree with some of the PPs. It would seem odd to me, and what if it were a donation to a charity I don't support? Then, not only did I not get a favor, but you made a donation in my name that I never would have made.

IMO, to avoid awkwardness I would either skip the favor altogether or do a more "traditional" favor.

• Options
    Favors, by definition, are small gifts to guests to show your appreciation for their attendence.  I don't see how a donation would accomplish the same thing.  It just strikes me as being very odd -- Like, "Rather than buying you food/trinket/other item, I'm going to give money to this cause that I support in your name to show my appreciation for your coming." 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSingleMom31:
    Favors, by definition, are small gifts to guests to show your appreciation for their attendence.  I don't see how a donation would accomplish the same thing.  It just strikes me as being very odd -- Like, "Rather than buying you food/trinket/other item, I'm going to give money to this cause that I support in your name to show my appreciation for your coming." 

This.  Sounds like it is all about the MTB/BTB/ETC...rather than the guest when you put it like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"