Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Loss journal

Sylvie's angelversary is on Sunday. It is so difficult to believe that it has been almost a year. The day we got home from the hospital after Sylvie's birth I began keeping a journal. Writing to Sylvie helped me tremendously with the grief process. I've been afraid to look back at the first few entries.  Tonight I decided to read them. With a cat on my lap, the tv on mute, and DH holding my hand I read aloud the entry from the first day post-loss. Wow. It was difficult and emotional but I am thankful that I wrote it and have the reminders from our experience. I didn't think I would ever forget anything about that day but it is interesting how only certain parts of the experience make their way to the front of your memory and how others fade.

No real point to this post other than I wanted to share. 

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart

Re: Loss journal

• Options

I have done the same thing for our sons, and decided awhile ago to read the whole thing once a year. (after my therapist asked if I had gone back and read any of the entries.) I still have a long way to go, but the writing does help. I do sometimes feel bad because I go days and sometimes weeks without writing to them.  

And there is a point to your post, sharing & helping others. :)

Thank you

HUGS

Shawnna

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • Options
    Huge hugs. I will be thinking of you & Sylvie on Sunday.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So proud of you for doing that.  I also wrote a lot after everything happened.  Then we moved and I don't know where my notebook is.  Will be thinking of you and Sylvie on Sunday as your Sylvie and my Corbin share the same birthday.  Corbin has told me that they eat chocolate cake everyday in heaven and that on your birthday, your piece of cake is the biggest!  {{HUGS}}

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options

I also started keeping a journal and wrote A LOT during the first month. I write at least once a week [try to write more] nowadays, but I want to start writing more again. Sending big 'ol hugs from me, because I don't know if I would be strong enough to read through all the entries again.

I'll be thinking of you and Sylvie on Sunday, too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be thinking of you and Sylvie on Sunday.  Sending big hugs your way.

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    imagedandywarhol:

I didn't think I would ever forget anything about that day but it is interesting how only certain parts of the experience make their way to the front of your memory and how others fade.

This is so true. I'm so glad I wrote out the story of the week of Patricia's birth early on. I'm glad you have your journal to bring your feelings out again, I think it can be really healing. ((HUGS))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Sending big hugs to you as you remember your sweet baby girl Sylvie on Sunday.

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"