Adoption

Sooooo today was insane...UPDATE

At 2PM this afternoon I got an email from a woman who we have a mutual friend, saying that her brother and his GF had a baby girl this morning and were needing to place the baby for adoption. She said there wasn't much time for them to get things figured out, but wanted to know if we wanted to at least be considered.

So I first flipped the heck out (at work) then called our SW as we're not done with our home study for another 2 weeks to figure out what I could even do.

After talking to our SW, she agreed I needed to call this woman and get some information. Long story short, because we aren't completed with our home study, we were kinda on our own, but that if they wanted to pursue anything with us, they would have to go through our agency and we could expedite the final parts of the home study.

After calling this woman back, we got some basic details and agreed that we'd be willing to meet with the birth parents tonight at the hospital if they chose. We even said if it was just to get some info from us regarding adoption, or foster care through our agency or whatever she needed, not even under the understanding we were being looked at. This woman knew all about us and apparently had read most of our blog before emailing me. Anything I told her about she seemed to already know. 

She said the hospital was pushing for the birth mother to go through a binder of waiting families and pick at least 3 she wanted to meet with TONIGHT to get the ball rolling. How freaking pushy is that? She just gave birth this morning after having been in labor last night. Unfortunately she did not make any sort of adoption plan so this was all started in motion immediately after the baby was born.

The woman I spoke to (birth father's sister) seemed VERY interested in us. We had an hour-long phone conversation. She took down my number, our agency's number, and my email address and promised me she'd text me or call from the hospital when she got there.

4.5 hours later and we haven't heard a thing.

It's been a whirlwind of a day. Obviously we are disappointed, frustrated for being put involved in this situation with no apparent resolve at the moment. I realize there's a TON going on in this situation that we can't possibly fathom, but holy smokes, this totally came out of left field. I mean we aren't even in our waiting pool yet! Just goes to show we have to be ready now at any time. AND this will probably be the first of many disappointments to come.

UPDATE:

The birth father's sister just got back to me. Her and her husband are talking over whether or not they want to parent the baby, but if they decide not to, they would like for us to meet with the birth parents. So that's the latest...

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Sooooo today was insane...UPDATE

• IRRIRR member
    WOW, GL with everything.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Wow! What a whirlwind!  I will be praying for you all.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, what a crazy day!  Prayers that all will work out and that you all know the outcome soon.  This process is so stressful, awesome and frustrating at the same time...and amazing how it can all change so quickly.  ((Hugs))

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Oh my goodness! Keep us posted!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you are in limbo.  I do find it interesting that you haven't spoken to the couple, but other family members, when the couple still hasn't decided if they want to parent yet.  Please protect your heart as you wait this out!
  • imageCaptainSerious:
    I'm so sorry you are in limbo.  I do find it interesting that you haven't spoken to the couple, but other family members, when the couple still hasn't decided if they want to parent yet.  Please protect your heart as you wait this out!

Sorry if this was confusing. The couple has for sure decided not to parent. The extended family members are currently deciding if THEY will adopt within the family. That's where we are at right now. 

• Wow! What a crazy day!  Keep us updated!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Oh, that seems like a much better situation.  I wish you all the best, and hope you hear one way or the other soon!
  • Wow, what a whirwind.  Thoughts and prayers for all of you, please keep us posted!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Thanks, ladies.

We haven't heard anything today from anyone. :-( We're keepin our chins up, though, as this clearly wasn't expected since we're not even done with our home study and we're looking at this as an opportunity for us to be better prepared for the future and it's good to face disappointment. I'm sure this won't be the last time! If I hear anything, I will for sure update.

• Good for you, mushy! Ts &Ps that the best thing for the baby will happen!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • I'm truly keeping everything I have crossed!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Woah! What a whirlwind!!! Sending tons of T&P your way. I hope that you have an answer soon! ::hugs::
  • Good luck!!!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"