October 2011 Moms
Options

Judgment Day

2»

Re: Judgment Day

• Options
    imageFianschneid:

imagePackerfan79:
    What do you do when your lo tries to eat the book vs read them?

We keep her nicer books (the ones with real paper pages) out of reach until she's old enough not to eat them. She reads (and sometimes eats) board books for now. I feel like, even if she's taking a bite now and then, she's still getting the feel for the book, trying to turn pages, etc.

I also leave books around casually for her to discover herself. The bottom shelf on her book shelf has a few stuffed animals and a few books. We stack books next to her play kitchen, too. She goes for the books before toys about 1/2 the time.

We made the classic rookie parent mistake and put all of her books on the bottom shelf of our bookshelf and she ripped the pages of a couple of them. DH (a librarian) couldn't stand the look of a messy bookshelf or cataloging her books separately so we put rubber bands around the ones with paper pages but left the board books. Now she's just as happy stacking the and pulling them off the shelf. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm late but I have one.

Someone on another BMB said that she is planning to tell her husband's family she is pregnant at her sister in law's wedding in a few weeks. Come ON.

That is so offside. That's the bride's day/weekend, not your weekend to steal her thunder. I judge the sh!t out of that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't ask. I assume so as she said it was out of town. That is still unreasonable. Whatever the excuse, it's improper.
  • Options
    I judge parents who have to have their kid strapped into a carseat/highchair/stroller/held at all times and THEN wonder why the kid can't crawl. Well, if you don't let your kid LEARN to crawl how the eff are they going to ?!?!

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    imageFianschneid:

imagePackerfan79:
    What do you do when your lo tries to eat the book vs read them?

We keep her nicer books (the ones with real paper pages) out of reach until she's old enough not to eat them. She reads (and sometimes eats) board books for now. I feel like, even if she's taking a bite now and then, she's still getting the feel for the book, trying to turn pages, etc.

I also leave books around casually for her to discover herself. The bottom shelf on her book shelf has a few stuffed animals and a few books. We stack books next to her play kitchen, too. She goes for the books before toys about 1/2 the time.

Brooke loves to go get books, hand them to me, sit on my lap, and "read" with her.  Mostly she just turns pages and looks at pictures and I make things up as she points.  She is constantly bringing me books.

• Options

imageElsa1984:
    I also judge myself for being so anticloth diapering in the beginning. I used to babysit for some super crunchy moms that used cloth but also used some weird detergent that never fully got the smell out of them. So when their kids peed, it smelled awful..like fish and ammonia ...which led me to think they were the most disgusting things ever. And the thought of poo going through my washer grossed me out. I am so glad that with a little convincing.....thanks Oct CDing moms!......I decided to give it a trial run. Now I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. My CD are washed correctly and don't stink, and while washing it goes through so many rinse cycles there is no left over poo in my machine or in my utility sink where the water runs too. And diaper laundry is no biggie, it's clothes I never get around to washing, which was normal precloth anyway! My cloth diaper judging days are over!

I was never anti-CD...  just afraid and lazy.  I'm so happy to be making the switch now (in preparation for baby #2)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"