Military Families
Options

Operation shower

Has anywone been to operation shower? I was invited and will be going and im totally excited but I just want to know what to expect and if anyone has been. Totally honored to be a part of it and it really gives me something to look forward to since my hubby is deployed. They are an amazing organization!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Operation shower

• Options

imagenlj627:
    Has anywone been to operation shower? I was invited and will be going and im totally excited but I just want to know what to expect and if anyone has been. Totally honored to be a part of it and it really gives me something to look forward to since my hubby is deployed. They are an amazing organization!

I tried to sign up for one and was put on the waiting list. I am not sure what to expect either...not sure if I want to go anymore. By the time it takes place, my daughter will be here and I will be in no condition to walk around an event. :(  Have fun! 

• Options
    I didn't go to the one they had when my husband deployed with DS (DH came home that day, I was supposed to go), but still received a box of gifts that they had given to all the wives.  Rumor has it that they handed out free car seats and Pottery Barn cribs to those in attendance.  But the box I got had a TON of stuff in it, so much so that we are still going through it and sorting it with all of the stuffed animals, blankets, clothing, etc. that was in the box.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was so lucky to have been invited to one this past August. It was AMAZING - a huge blessing! They give you a 'shower-in-a-box' packed full with goodies. Everything from binkys to home-made blankets. Every shower is different as to whether you receive the 'larger' gifts. They always raffle some off but occasionally the give it to everyone in attendance. We were astonished to receive a car seat, a stroller, and a play yard. But -believe it or not- the best part is being surrounded by women who are going through the same thing as you and really GET it. I felt so supported and loved when I left. It was a wonderful experience. I hope you have a fabulous time!

PS: They also have a facebook if you want to see pictures of their previous showers  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Somebody in DH's unit has nominated me and the one other Army wife who is currently pregnant for a shower. They sent us an email response saying that they don't currently have anything scheduled in Maine for 2012, but if we replied with our due dates (She's due 2-26 and I'm due 3-28) that they will put us on a list and try to get something done for us. Reading on their site it looks like they mainly do it only if there are lots of pregnant/recently pregnant women and we only have 2 but you never know.

It will be interesting to see and I hope that it would include all the other army wives in the unit even if they aren't expecting. Seeing them once a month at the FRG meeting isn't always enough time but we all live so far apart from one another its hard to get together with schedules otherwise. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"