Success after IF
Options

When did you start trying for number 2?

Hi ladies. It seems crazy that this is even a question I can ask since its still so surreal that I have number 1! But when did you ladies start trying for number 2? DH and I are 35 and dont want to wait since we have no idea how long it might take us to conceive again...if we are so blessed that is. We talked to our OB about trying again when DS turns 6 months which unbelievably is less than 3 months away! Also did you try on your own for a while our did you go straight into fertility treatments?
***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!

Re: When did you start trying for number 2?

• Options
    We restarted fertility treatment a year after DD was born (I was 39). We didnt actively try on our own.  It took a year of treatment to get DD but it only took one round (injections + IUI) to get DS :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are going to start trying in May on our own, which would put DD at 9 months, I think. Then, we will call RE in July to start the process for a new FET with one of our frosties.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We tried ourselves for a couple of months & started a fresh IVF cycle when LO's were about 10 months, they will be just over a year when we do our FET.  We would have waited longer if time were on our side.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS will be 1 in January and we will head back to the RE at that time.  We had to use DE to conceive DS and we have 16 frosties waiting for us.  Wasn't able to get pg on my own or with ART with my eggs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My ideal spacing between children is 3yrs (I'd be no good with 2U2) but since it took me so long to get #1 I started ttc#2 when DS1 turned 1.  I tried on my own for about 6-8 months before going back for treatments (with an different OB than the one who got me pg the first time, which ended up being a complete waste of my time.) I ended up with a different diagnosis that time so it still took a long to get pg again.

In ttc#3 I waited until DS2 was 18 months to start treatments with my RE. I weaned him at 15/16 months. I figured if we were lucky and it worked the first time then I would have at minimum 2.25 yrs between children. I was comfortable with that, age isn't on my side now (36 yrs old) so I figure I need to compromise with my ideal spacing. :) At this rate though I still might get it. :(

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi there. We started again in the beginning of this month, when DD was about 16 months old. I wanted there to be at least 2 years between DD and (hopefully) our next LO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

we had other situations going on in our lives after our DS was born, so even though we were older (i was 38 when DS was born), it wasn't until this year, Sept. that we started trying again. we did redo all of our pre-treatment testing (CD 3 internal u/s & bloodwork, CD 5 hsg). DS is 2.5 yo.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We started working with our RE again right after P turned one. (I BF for the first year.) We did not try on our own at all since we have frozen embryos we want to use. We have had some delays (see siggy) but we are currently 5dp3dt. DH and I are both 35. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    I just started Provera for our next FET (which should hopefully be in Nov).  DS will be just turning one.  I really wanted to BF for a year, which is what really controlled our timeline.  We stopped a little earlier than I wanted b/c I had a good freezer stash and we wanted to make sure to get one cycle in this year to use up our FSA Embarrassed
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I am also breastfeeding so that is weighing on my mind as well since if fertility issues weren't a factor I would have ideally wanted to breastfeed for a year... I'm going to discuss this more with DH.

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
  • Options
    We started trying when ds was 19 months old... (it took us 34 cycles after that)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    6 wks pp!  And the first month or two were anything but enjoyable, GL!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options

I had wanted to TTC when DS was 1.  I wanted them closer together and figured it would take at least a few months again.  We experienced a big economic upset last year so we had to put that on hold.  DH just started a new job that gave us more financial security and he really wanted to try on our own for a few months.  The plan was to call the RE in January because that would have been more ideal timing wise for us to afford treatments, though neither of us were very hopeful.  I just got a bfp on Friday and am still in shock that it happened on our own and on the first cycle.  If you are certain that 3 months from now works just as well as 6 months from now then I'd go straight to treatments again (they will probably do testing first). 

Good luck!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We never TTA after I gave birth to DS, but we always intended to go back to the RE so we could start cycling shortly after he turned 1. Given our dx, we were told we have <1% chance of ever conceiving on our own. We officially started our first IVF cycle when DS was about 15 months old.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    imageaustenreader85:

I had wanted to TTC when DS was 1.  I wanted them closer together and figured it would take at least a few months again.  We experienced a big economic upset last year so we had to put that on hold.  DH just started a new job that gave us more financial security and he really wanted to try on our own for a few months.  The plan was to call the RE in January because that would have been more ideal timing wise for us to afford treatments, though neither of us were very hopeful.  I just got a bfp on Friday and am still in shock that it happened on our own and on the first cycle.  If you are certain that 3 months from now works just as well as 6 months from now then I'd go straight to treatments again (they will probably do testing first). 

Good luck!!

Congrats on your bfp!

DH - some MFI;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"