Secondary IF
Options

My SIL got bad news yesterday

She was on her 3rd IVF cycle that didn't work. Her doctor told her that her egg quality was too poor and that they don't recommend doing another cycle with her eggs. They did say that embryo adoption or an egg donor could be an option. They are also considering adoption.

I feel so badly for her. She is 38 (will be 39 in Nov) and they don't have any kids. She is heartbroken but said that someday they will have a child.

I have no idea what I can do to help her, but listen and be here for her when she needs me. But she is very logic minded and doesn't show her emotions much. I hope she takes the time she needs to feel what she needs to feel.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: My SIL got bad news yesterday

• Options
    That is heartbreaking! Fortunately there are still options out there. I technically used a donor for sea monkey. It is hard to make the decision but I am happy now that baby is on the way.
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    that is so heartbreaking.  I feel for her.  :(  
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh that is so heartbreaking. Hopefully she will be able to process this news and it sounds like she is positive about the future. I think she knows you are there to listen and be there for her if she needs to talk and offers her comfort. T and P!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"