Breastfeeding
Options

occasional burning in one breast

I've been having some occasional burning in one breast, it comes and goes, sometimes before nursing, sometimes after. I haven't noticed any bumps or lumps, but my nipple has been irritated. I had a little scab where the skin cracked.
I was thinking maybe its thrush, but LO doesn't have any white in her mouth. Any ideas? Thanks!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: occasional burning in one breast

• Options

You know, I had this.  It hurt like hell.  Ice packs helped a little...actually, the best thing was the baby's frozen gel teething ring stuck in my bra! 

I never did figure out what it was, though.  Clogged milk duct, maybe?  It was awful. That boob also has always seemed to produce less milk, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have this in both breast occasionally.  I've come to the conclusion that it's a painful letdown bc I started to notice in in the opposite breast when lo is nursing on the other.  I mentioned it to my sis and she said she had the same thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seems like I don't need to worry then! Thanks!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB asked if the breast that "burned" was usually the larger breast pre-pregnancy. It is. She explained that that breast most likely gets a larger surge of hormones which can cause the burning during let down/milk production. I'm 10 weeks in and the burning is now mostly just a tingle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"