Food Allergy
Options

Is there always blood in stool for MSPI?

DD has had what I consider slimy/mucousy/watery poops for 2+ weeks.  She has no other symptoms of anything besides the occasional gas and I can sometimes hear her stomach gurgle when I feed her.  I took her to the pedi yesterday because she fought me on nursing all day Sunday and through the night...just grunting, scratching her face, kicking, and squirming (but now she's fine).  The pedi did say her stool was watery, but she's gaining weight (almost 2 pounds since she was born last month) and there was no blood in her stool (they tested it).  So he doesn't think it's an allergy.  He said to wait and see if blood shows up or she refuses to eat or shows any other major symptoms.  I want to try eliminating dairy just to see how it goes, but it seems so daunting.  Does my pedi sound correct?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is there always blood in stool for MSPI?

• Options
    My pedi said mucousy poop is always a milk intolerance. I don't know if that's true, but I have been dairy free for a week and a half and the only change I'm seeing so far is that she's a little less fussy. I never saw blood in her stool. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My little guy didnt have blood in his stool either. Tested it earlier this week. Everything I've read said it doesnt have to be present for the diagnosis to be made.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO was just diagnosed by the pedi with MSPI.  I EBF and over the past week I noticed that she had slimy poops that had changed to a really really green color.  I also found blood in several stools but I did not see blood in every stool.  She was never really fussy or refused to eat but she did have the occasional gas.  My pedi also took a stool sample and is testing it for an infection but since she has not been feverish or lethargic she does not think there is an underlying infection. My pedi said that slimy poop is the bigger issue/problem and that blood does not need to be present for there to be an issue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"