Military Families
Options

U/S on Bragg Question

This may be long but bear with me:

I had my a/s scan yesterday at Womack. The tech, of course, couldn't tell me anything but the sex. My next OB appointment isn't until my 24th week. If there were something terribly wrong with the baby they would've had me schedule an appointment sooner, yes? It seems like an awful long gap to go without knowing (I haven't even heard about any of my blood tests I took at my 16 week appointment) if something really was wrong. Any ladies who go to Womack for OB care have experience with this? Thanks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: U/S on Bragg Question

• Options
    I am not at Bragg, but as a general rule of thumb, no news is good news.  I am sure if there was an issue the doctor would have either seen you then or would have called you.  Same with your blood tests from week 16, if there was an issue they would have called, they are not going to wait 8 weeks to give you results that are bad.  If you are really concerned though you have every right to call and ask to talk to the doctor for your results.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So far I've learned that if they are worried, or there is a concern, they will call you, or want to see you as soon as possible. When everything is going well, then they don't. So the less you end up seeing the doc (as long as they are seeing you) the better.
    With blood results, if everything is good they just mention it at the next appointment or if you ask. They will call if something shows up that they are concerned about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. :) I figured as much but my husband was trying to ask the tech and was a little miffed she couldn't tell us anything. I just wanted to assure him that they would get us in quickly if there was something to be concerned about.
  • Options
    The whole "not knowing" thing is exactly why I switched from Prime to Standard. But I agree with PP. If you don't hear anything that usually means you're good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagechizekgeena:
    The whole "not knowing" thing is exactly why I switched from Prime to Standard. But I agree with PP. If you don't hear anything that usually means you're good.

I am on Standard and my mid-wife operates the same way, no news is good news.  A tech should not be giving any more information than they are allowed to, it opens the practice up to lawsuits since they are not doctors.  So in the OPs case it does not surprise me that all the tech could say is if it were a boy or girl, I would actually be far more concerned if the tech gave more information than that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am at Bragg and they would call you if there was an issue. My husband compairs Military medicine to deployment, no news is good news. I had to redo my cf screening and got another u/s after my anatomy scan because they saw something "funky" with my son heart. All turned out well, but if there is a concern at all they call you and have you come in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLyseeH:
    I am at Bragg and they would call you if there was an issue. My husband compairs Military medicine to deployment, no news is good news. I had to redo my cf screening and got another u/s after my anatomy scan because they saw something "funky" with my son heart. All turned out well, but if there is a concern at all they call you and have you come in.

Thanks for this, it'll put my husband's mind at ease. And thanks to all the PPs, as a FTM I overthink a lot of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"