Parenting after 35

Intro...wasnt aware of this board.

Hi,

I just discovered this board. I am a regular poster on June 2012, pregnant after 35 and babies 0-3months. My LO is now 7 weeks old. I no longer post on pregnant after 35 as I am no longer pregnant. I am a FTM and just turned 38. My husband and I will be trying for one more. My husband prefers LOs closer in age and my OBGYN basically says that because I'm AMA, I should be trying in 6 months...All I can say is OMG...I want time to enjoy this LO...and I'm actually content with having just one...However, my dh and I discussed this before getting pg the first time that we would have either no children or 2 kids. So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all.. 

Re: Intro...wasnt aware of this board.

• mwdmwd member
    Welcome!  As a mother of 2 kids whose birthdays are 2 years 12 days apart, it's really awesome.  Tiring, but awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedrbethc:

So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  

You're good if you've got nothin' in writing.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBrideBuddies:
    imagedrbethc:

So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  

You're good if you've got nothin' in writing.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

She's right - legally this is totally non-binding. Smile

Good luck with the next pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!  My girls are 21 months apart - we started TTC #2 right after #1's 1st birthday and got very lucky and got our BFP the 1st month (so unlike the 1st time around).  I love having the girls close in age - makes doing so many things so much easier - they like most of the same things, are at the same pace on most things, etc.  The first 12-18 months was hard - each step that #2 made, made everything easier.  When she was sitting up, starting eating table food, no more bottle, moved from 3 naps to 2, etc - all of that made it all easier and at around 18 months - life just got so much easier and now that the girls are 4 and 6 years - I am loving life and all of the great things we can do.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Congrats on the little one. I am 35 and just had my first too. I am waiting for the second one though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 2/14/13, confirmed 2/15/13, m/c 2/18/13 d&c 2/18/13. I am high risk due to FVL and history of DVT's.
  • Welcome!

And, meh... you're only 38, right? Give it closer to 9 months/1 year before trying for #2. I know several moms (on this board) who conceived with no issues at 39 and delivered at 40.  I personally think it's a good idea to give your body a bit of a break in between children.

My DH and I decided on just 1 before we even conceived our son. It was the right choice for us, though I had always envisioned 2. But I am content.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"