Parenting after 35
Hi Bumpies,

We sincerely apologize for the continued log-in issues you're experiencing with our Community. Our Tech team has prioritized this issue and is actively working on a solution; we are hoping to have a fix released soon. We know this glitch is extremely inconvenient and we really appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

If you have any questions or additional concerns, please email us at support@thebump.com.

Thanks,
The Bump Team

Intro...wasnt aware of this board.

Hi,

I just discovered this board. I am a regular poster on June 2012, pregnant after 35 and babies 0-3months. My LO is now 7 weeks old. I no longer post on pregnant after 35 as I am no longer pregnant. I am a FTM and just turned 38. My husband and I will be trying for one more. My husband prefers LOs closer in age and my OBGYN basically says that because I'm AMA, I should be trying in 6 months...All I can say is OMG...I want time to enjoy this LO...and I'm actually content with having just one...However, my dh and I discussed this before getting pg the first time that we would have either no children or 2 kids. So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all.. 

Re: Intro...wasnt aware of this board.

• mwdmwd member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments
    Welcome!  As a mother of 2 kids whose birthdays are 2 years 12 days apart, it's really awesome.  Tiring, but awesome.
    image J&C Trainfest 2012

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image drbethc:

So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  

You're good if you've got nothin' in writing.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

Growing up way too fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image BrideBuddies:
    image drbethc:

So I guess I can't go back on our agreement.  

You're good if you've got nothin' in writing.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

She's right - legally this is totally non-binding. Smile

Good luck with the next pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!  My girls are 21 months apart - we started TTC #2 right after #1's 1st birthday and got very lucky and got our BFP the 1st month (so unlike the 1st time around).  I love having the girls close in age - makes doing so many things so much easier - they like most of the same things, are at the same pace on most things, etc.  The first 12-18 months was hard - each step that #2 made, made everything easier.  When she was sitting up, starting eating table food, no more bottle, moved from 3 naps to 2, etc - all of that made it all easier and at around 18 months - life just got so much easier and now that the girls are 4 and 6 years - I am loving life and all of the great things we can do.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Congrats on the little one. I am 35 and just had my first too. I am waiting for the second one though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 2/14/13, confirmed 2/15/13, m/c 2/18/13 d&c 2/18/13. I am high risk due to FVL and history of DVT's.
  • Welcome!

And, meh... you're only 38, right? Give it closer to 9 months/1 year before trying for #2. I know several moms (on this board) who conceived with no issues at 39 and delivered at 40.  I personally think it's a good idea to give your body a bit of a break in between children.

My DH and I decided on just 1 before we even conceived our son. It was the right choice for us, though I had always envisioned 2. But I am content.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards