Cloth Diapering
Options

Wool and Jammies

This one is kinda silly, sorry.

I just finished knitting my first wool cover (yay!) and its washed and lanolized and ready to go. My question is... can they still sleep in footies while wearing one? Or does that cause compression leaks onto the jammies? TIA!

Re: Wool and Jammies

• Options
    I know people that do. I usually just use a cover though. But I have a kid who runs really hot and doesn't like footies.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't heard about the compression leak factor but from what I understand, it would defeat the purpose of wool. The wool is breathable and placing clothes on top may effect that. I have read on here that people do it, I don't though so I can't speak from personal experience. We just use a blanket or most recently, we are purchasing shorties or longies instead of soakers...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO always wears jammies over his fitted/wool soakers - the only place it can sometimes cause issues is along the elastic waist band (when he wears two piece jammies). Usually it's when it's getting time to relanolize and he never has that issue in his one-piece footies.

I only have wool soakers though, so they don't cover much of his legs and my kiddo thrashes around and kicks blankets off. If I had shorties, or obviously longies, that covered more I wouldn't add pants.

imageimage
  • Options

We used footed cotton and fleece jammies all winter over DD's wool cover with no issue all last winter. We've never had a compression leak.

I'm toying with the idea of longies for this winter though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"