October 2011 Moms
Options

~~FFFC~~

And...GO!!
photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: ~~FFFC~~

• Options
    I lurked on the bump a few times (well really just our board) on my honeymoon.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

imagecrystalbaby:
    I think that we might be one and done. Either V is a really difficult baby, or I'm just not cut out for this. I love sleep and alone time. Wait, what is alone time?

I can understand that, and I'm sorry you've had such a rough time.  I think Tessa is pretty easy compared to a lot of babies I see or hear about, and sometimes even I still wonder if we'd be crazy to have more than one baby for the same reasons you listed.  If it helps at all, I have a couple family friends who swear that their really difficult, fussy babies turned into their easiest toddlers/children/teenagers.  (One of the kids is only 13 now, but the 'kid' in the other family is 22.)  Maybe that will be the case with V?  Smile

My DD was horrible.  I thought I was done too. Then she turned 2 and I was ready for another one.  It does get easier.  I promise! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSuperDeDuper:
    If I'm ever channel surfing and the Magic Bullet infomercial is on I stop and watch it Every.Single.Time.  I love it!  Embarrassed

We bought the Baby Bullet a couple of weeks ago because our mini food processor wasn't getting the job done. It is AMAZING. (Maybe that's a FFFC ... )

My real FFFC is that I lost 20lbs after about 2 months of having DD, but I've pretty much gained that all back because of emotional eating and not exercising. Just this last week I've started logging what I eat and getting back into regular exercise. So that whole 9 months on 9 months off motto ... yah, not the case, because it all stayed. I hate the weight struggle ...

• Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    imageSammy-Mae:
    imageSuperDeDuper:

imagecrystalbaby:
    I think that we might be one and done. Either V is a really difficult baby, or I'm just not cut out for this. I love sleep and alone time. Wait, what is alone time?

I can understand that, and I'm sorry you've had such a rough time.  I think Tessa is pretty easy compared to a lot of babies I see or hear about, and sometimes even I still wonder if we'd be crazy to have more than one baby for the same reasons you listed.  If it helps at all, I have a couple family friends who swear that their really difficult, fussy babies turned into their easiest toddlers/children/teenagers.  (One of the kids is only 13 now, but the 'kid' in the other family is 22.)  Maybe that will be the case with V?  Smile

My DD was horrible.  I thought I was done too. Then she turned 2 and I was ready for another one.  It does get easier.  I promise! 

DD was a bear! Horrible sleeper and just so high maintenance. Didn't STTN until 13 months, was very picky. Now though, she's a dream! I honestly can't believe it's the same child. It really does get easier!
  • Options

DH's cousin's friend is selling her house. It would be perfect for us. Except in order to afford it we need to put 10% down and we only have enough for 5% down now. I don't think we can do that in a week (which I am assuming is how long it will take to sell).

DH's cousins are well off. I may have sent them an e-mail about how much we love the house, but we are short by X amount, and how I wish I could rob a bank or win the lottery or something in hopes that they will decide to lend us the remainder.

Horrible right? ::hangs head in shame::

• Options

AF finally came back since having Izzy.  This is good and bad.  In one way I want to try to have another baby sooner rather than later because of my age.  My birthday is in two weeks and it scares me if we wait I may not be able to have another.  On the other hand, DH is leaving in September for 5 months of training and then an alternate to go to Afghanistan for 9 months.  He is on stand by to leave all the way until next May.  I would be pregnant and have the baby by myself with Izzy...not an ideal situation.  We are going to wait to see what happens with being deployed.  I need to be religious with the mini-pill (I am still nursing) and I am terrible at remembering.  So, age and deployment are factors for/against another baby.

• Options
    I pre-clean before the cleaning ladies come.  Every other Friday I run around picking up so they won't judge.  I like it when they tell me my house is so easy to clean.  Honestly, I wish I could clean my own house, but don't want to waste my weekend time with DS.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's 9am and I'm having a diet coke because I'm feeling too lazy to make tea or go to Starbucks.  Yes, at the moment I'm too lazy to boil water. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

I have a major DH problem, but I'm too ashamed to talk to anyone about it.

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• Options
    imagescarlettoctober:

You can talk to us.  You can pm me if you want to talk and don't want to be so public about it.  Hugs 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageLiz4444:
    It's 9am and I'm having a diet coke because I'm feeling too lazy to make tea or go to Starbucks.  Yes, at the moment I'm too lazy to boil water. 

Get a Keurig! I love my machine. 

• Options
    imagescarlettoctober:

I'm so sorry!  Please know you can always talk here if you need to vent/ get advice from people you don't have to see IRL.  Hugs! 

• Options

So sorry to hear this, scarlett. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk, I've been down a similar road before.

ETA: Sorry, meant to quote scarlett.

• Options

Remember my crazy story from the other day? Well a friend of mine who lives in town read it on my blog, and lo and behold his family had a package stolen that same day, too!! He contacted the local news stations to try to get word out.

He just called to see if I was around because the local news station wants an interview, but I'm on the way to Atlanta for the weekend. My FFFC is that my first reaction was relief that I'm not home to be on tv because I have a big pimple! Haha Shallow much?

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options

Yesterday DH said, "You did an amazing job with the house today babe."  and I was inordinately proud of myself.  It was very June Cleaverish of me. But the fact that he said something made me so happy.  It made me happy enough to forget that I was too tired to put out. 

I am super lame about the cars that I have loved to drive.  When I was in high school I drove a 6 seater Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra and adored my powder blue land boat.  Then the car my parents let me drive was their Ford van that I needed a hammer to start but I adored it. Then I owned a Toyota station wagon that I named Teto couldn't have loved more.  When I bought my first new car I picked a Honda Fit over a Mustang. So today, my lameness continues.  I never really was enthusiastic over my SUV.  I cried when I traded in my Fit because I needed a bigger car and the Equinox was cool and all, nice drive etc.  But I resented every dollar I had to put into it.  I put off oil changes, I hardly ever cleaned it.  I just couldn't like it.  This minivan I am picking up today makes me so happy!  I had trouble sleeping last night because I am so excited.  I am officially lame.

• Options
    rous27rous27 member
    My brother has been engaged for over a year. His fianc?e told me she wanted a big wedding. She has been bugging him for awhile now to set the date. He did but it only gave her two weeks to get a wedding together. They got married a few days ago at the court house and the reception was combined with their reveal party for the sex of their baby. My confession is that I judge her for accepting the set date and giving up her dream wedding. They also combined the party, which I was afraid that one celebration would overshadow the other. I was right. People were more excited about cutting the reveal cake than also celebrating the marriage. I really do hope she doesn't feel jipped (sp?).
  • Options
    imagescarlettoctober:

I'm very sorry you are having difficulties. 

• Options
    imageSammy-Mae:

imagecrystalbaby:

ditto.  my son was a very difficult baby! he never STTN til he was almost one and he cried non stop til he was 6 months old.  DD is the exact opposite baby and i'm so happy lightning didn't strike twice.  i've always been amazed at those who want #2 right away (or w/in the first year).  my baby fever was non existent for the first 2yrs. 

Mine is that i am so happy that the FBI released their finding on the Penn State thing and that it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Paterno helped cover it up over and over again.  the man is scum and i hope he is remembered that way instead of being up on a pedestal forever just because he was a football coach.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--joe-paterno-blame-freeh-report-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-tarnished-legacy.html

imageimage

• Options

DH is on my last nerve. He's out of school for the summer and literally sitting on his a$$ doin nothing. I'm paying someone $100/wk to keep DD so he can play play station and create a big fat mess for me to clean up.  We've been stupid busy and I can't even hold my eyes open by the end of the day and he's complaining about his laundry not being done and there being dirty dishes in the sink.

I feel like I could crack a plate over his head. 

• Options
    LCassLCass member
    imagestardust317:

DH is on my last nerve. He's out of school for the summer and literally sitting on his a$$ doin nothing. I'm paying someone $100/wk to keep DD so he can play play station and create a big fat mess for me to clean up.  We've been stupid busy and I can't even hold my eyes open by the end of the day and he's complaining about his laundry not being done and there being dirty dishes in the sink.

I feel like I could crack a plate over his head. 

Pretty sure that plate would have cracked a long time ago in this house.  Totally unacceptable on his part.  DH is also on summer break, and he's playing plenty of video games, but he's also doing lots of parenting (especially since I've had to go out more for volunteer work) and running errands with me and stuff.  He also fully acknowledged that since he's not working at the moment he needs to help out more around the house.  I'm still doing more of the household stuff than he is, but he's taking on some of it.  And since you say you're paying someone to watch your DD, I presume that means you're working?  He needs to get off his ass and do the laundry and dishes, especially if he's not watching your child.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options

I love our neighborhood but if you go a few blocks in one direction, it can be a little sketchy. DH and I have always joked about a Latin King presence in the neighborhood but haven't really thought about it much.

This morning, when we were all leaving, I noticed a huge Latin Kings logo (I'm sure this isn't the right term) spray painted on our building. Rather than being rational, I became instantly concerned that I would be embarrassed when my friend came to sit for Abbie tomorrow. Then, I got concerned for our safety.

• Options
    imagescarlettoctober:

Feel free to talk here. It can be a safe, unbiased place where noone knows DH.

• Options
    imagewoodsie:
    My visit to the office made me really really miss working. I talked to one of the partners a bit about my plan for coming back, and I'm actually excited to go back. I was only in the office about an hour but I felt so much more like myself and loved having adult conversations with people who are more or less on the same page as me. I've done lots of baby play dates and such since T was born, but honestly, I don't want to talk about and do kid stuff all the time. I miss being stimulated intellectually and feeling like I've accomplished something besides surviving the day and keeping my house clean.

I know a lot of moms here would do anything to be able to SAH, but I just don't think I'm cut out for it. I am only planning on going back 3x/week.

I'm going back four days a week, but I could have written everything I quoted of yours. I'm excited about working and socializing as an adult more than once a week. And I love my baby, but I think time with our nanny and my sister's kid will be really great!

• Options

I was overweight when I got pregnant but didn't gain much weight with Joey. I have lost 60+ lbs since having him and I feel great.

My FFFC is that as much as everyone says how great I look and how good I feel, I would still like to hear DH say it! When his family asks me if DH tells me how good I look, I lie and say all the time, when actually its only been once he told me. 

• Options
    LCassLCass member
    My FFFC is that Lily has had a HORRIBLE rash for a long time.  It started off as a red spot, not terribly bad, in her diaper zone, but above her vagina (not exactly one of the usual places for diaper rash).  We tried all the different creams we have and it would get better but not go away.  After trying each of them, I made a doctor's appointment to have it seen, but the doctor got sick and the nurse practitioner was away on holidays so they cancelled on us and told us we could take her to urgent care instead.  I didn't want to do that for a rash, because I was worried she'd pick up some kind of contagious illness at urgent care.  We were going away for a week, during which time we tried another couple of creams that we bought, and then her 9 month appointment was just after we got back.  We had it seen then and the nurse said it seemed fungal and told us what to do.  Within a few days of using the anti-fungal cream it suddenly EXPLODED and she had red spots everywhere that were oozing and almost blistering.  Crying  We took her straight back and she has a bacterial infection on top of the fungal one.  She's on multiple creams and antibiotics now and it's MUCH better, but I feel so guilty that we let it get so bad.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member

I have a bachelorette party next weekend for one of my good friends from college.  While I am not looking forward to fake drinking all weekend, I am so excited to sleep in and just be baby free for a couple days. 

My FFFC is that I am terrified of coming home and DH telling me how easy it was to take care of Olivia all weekend.  I sort of want her to be difficult for him so he can get an idea what it's really like to be responsible for her while you try to cook or clean or get stuff done around the house. 

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    My mom was supposed to keep DS overnight on Wednesday.  Plans didn't work out.  I was genuinely disappointed; I almost cried.  I had so much planned to do in peace and quiet, and now none of it would get done.  I feel like a terrible mom for getting so upset about not having a sitter for one night. 
    Jackson Allen ? 10.1.11 ?
    {Raising Jack}
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have a real one this week: 

So I had dinner guests on Wednesday. I cooked. The recipe called for milk. Well, it as very good. So once the guests were gone we cleaned up and DH made bottles for A. He commented how A must have been hungry as there wasn't any left in the formula pitcher. At that point I realized that instead of with milk, I made the dinner with formula. Talk about baby brains.

I also have not called my guests to tell them. I figured it's not poison (or breast milk) and they all liked the food, so while creep them out.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think H and I are going through a rough patch right now, but I'm struggling to admit that to anyone, including myself.  Most of my friends IRL are married, and even though I know it's stupid to compare because everyone has their own unique ups and downs, it seems like everyone I know has this rainbow and puppydog filled perfect relationship which makes me want to be in denial about any issues in my own. Does that even make sense?  Like, if I had one IRL friend that confided to me that it wasn't roses all of the time, it would make me feel so relieved-like what I feel is normal.  Instead, I just play along and act like my relationship is perfect, too.
  • Options
    imageNita2603:

So I had dinner guests on Wednesday. I cooked. The recipe called for milk. Well, it as very good. So once the guests were gone we cleaned up and DH made bottles for A. He commented how A must have been hungry as there wasn't any left in the formula pitcher. At that point I realized that instead of with milk, I made the dinner with formula. Talk about baby brains.

I also have not called my guests to tell them. I figured it's not poison (or breast milk) and they all liked the food, so while creep them out.  

hahahahha.  This made me laugh!  I definitely would not tell them.

• Options
    imagejaime1220:

I was overweight when I got pregnant but didn't gain much weight with Joey. I have lost 60+ lbs since having him and I feel great.

My FFFC is that as much as everyone says how great I look and how good I feel, I would still like to hear DH say it! When his family asks me if DH tells me how good I look, I lie and say all the time, when actually its only been once he told me. 

Same here. I'm 30 lbs under my pp weight and everyone and their mother tells me how great I look. Does DH? Nope. He just asks if I'm going to go to the gym each day or not.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    LCassLCass member

imagekmart1tm:
    I think H and I are going through a rough patch right now, but I'm struggling to admit that to anyone, including myself.  Most of my friends IRL are married, and even though I know it's stupid to compare because everyone has their own unique ups and downs, it seems like everyone I know has this rainbow and puppydog filled perfect relationship which makes me want to be in denial about any issues in my own. Does that even make sense?  Like, if I had one IRL friend that confided to me that it wasn't roses all of the time, it would make me feel so relieved-like what I feel is normal.  Instead, I just play along and act like my relationship is perfect, too.

That makes perfect sense.  Just remember that the only relationship you actually know about is your own; at least some of them are probably pretending at any given time if things ALWAYS seem perfect.  I actually think that this pretending is part of the problem with relationships/marriages falling apart.  If you think everyone else is uber-happy, when you hit a rough spot in your own you think it's a terrible sign and the end of the world because nobody else is going through anything like that.  But EVERY relationship has its ups and downs and requires work, even the picture perfect ones.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now, kmart.  Know that you are NOT alone (at least here on TB I feel like people are pretty honest about it) and that you can put on the happy face in public, but please don't be in denial.  Address the issues before they get out of control.

• Options
    imageMrs. Mo:
    imagejaime1220:

Same here. I'm 30 lbs under my pp weight and everyone and their mother tells me how great I look. Does DH? Nope. He just asks if I'm going to go to the gym each day or not.

Congrats on being 30 lbs under!! It would be nice to hear them say it, but I do feel good about myself these days and I hope you do too!

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    imageNita2603:

OMG this is fantastic.  You kick as* Nita.

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

imagekmart1tm:

Honestly, nobody's relationship is always puppies and rainbows. Even the best men and women have tough spots in their marriage; I know I do and my husband is an amazing man. I'd tell you that if we were having wine on your patio right now while L and G played. Hugs to you - we are always here for you if you need it! 

• Options

imagekmart1tm:

People were surprised when my parents got divorced because to outsiders they appeared to have a wonderful marriage. My parents were good at pretending and keeping up appearances. My sisters were even a little surprised because they tried to hide it from us. I caught them fighting in the middle of the night quite a few times and confronted my mom about some of the things I would hear her say when she talked in her sleep. So just because their relationships appear to be all puppies and rainbows, you don't really know what it is like behind closed doors.  

• Options

FFFC numbero uno: DH was letting L "chew" on his phone. I told him to be careful because she broke my brother's phone from all her drool. He was like, "Oh she won't break it don't worry."  Well, she broke it and I don't feel bad at all.

FFFC 2: I have never driven through a car wash by myself. I've only sat in the passenger seat, etc.. never personally drove through it.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I am paying for Weight Watchers, but I am doing a terrible job actually follwoing the plan.  Last weekend we had a going away party for my bestie and his partner (he got a professor job in Puerto Rico and they are leaving next week) and I have been on an eating bender since.  I skipped my WW meeting last night because I didn't want to face the number on the scale. 

I am depressed because they are leaving and I am eating because I am depressed, and I am pretty much just paying to gain weight right now. Embarrassed

• Options

imagekmart1tm:

I've mentioned a few times here on TB that things are not going so well with MH right now. But I have not mentioned it to any of my family or friends IRL. The main reason I don't is because they all know MH and I don't feel right saying negative things about him to people that have a relationship with him (esp. my family). I find it easier to admit the truth and be honest here where no one knows him. Plus I think it's just harder to admit to people you are close to. So Maybe your IRL friends aren't having a perfect time either? 

Sorry you guys are in a rough patch and sorry to scarlett too! Hope things can get better for you. 

• Options

MH and I are also having a tough time. It is over small stuff, but the small stuff is causing the fights because we need to have a big talk about some underlying issues. I have completely avoided speaking about it here or IRL because naming it would make it a real thing that I actually have to deal with. Last night I really blew up on him and then spent the night on the couch after drinking a bunch of wine and googling marriage counselors in the wee hours. So I guess it's time. 

However, the blowup is also partly because I lost my job last night. I went back to my part time call center job three weeks ago. I love being in the no kids environment, but I am just too tired to hack it this time around. The policy is that people who don't make their numbers can't stay on staff. I understand, because they are doing environmental work and they need people who get results. It sucks because this time last year I kicked ass at that job. There are no hard feelings on either side, and I was probably trying to take on way too much, but I still feel rejected and sh!tty. MH is thrilled that now I can put more effort into the business he is trying to start, and definitely did a terrible job of hiding it.

On a related note, I confess that my kids had cold pizza for breakfast and I am eating a chocolate Luna bar that I stashed in my tits (so I don't have to share). I am exhausted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"