June 2011 Moms
Options

No FFC on Friday?

Did we not do this.  I actually have two - although they are lame:

First sometimes I don't wash DDs fruit before I cut it up for her.

Second - I have done zero baby proofing of our house.  Our pedi has asked at every well visit since 1 week if our house is baby proofed and at first I would say "kinda."  Now I tell him yes, but I've done nothing.   DD never crawled and just started cruising so I don't feel the need.  If she starts getting into stuff I'll take care of it.

ETA:  Duh, anyone else have one?

Re: No FFC on Friday?

• Options
    I didn't see UO on Thursday either, hmm?

We didn't baby proof until we needed to and then it was just what DS tried to get into/could hurt himself on.

My FFC: DS watched the same Baby Einstein today.. 4 times! It's the only thing that keeps his attention long enough for me to get anything done and keeps him from whining at my legs all.day.long!

Oh, and I don't feel bad about it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Here is a lame one: often I live by the motto "survial of the fittest" when it comes to LO, even say it too (I am a science teacher). In the sense that she can play in dirt or put a shoe in her mouth and I don't freak out-something FTM usually do then relax with 2nd child but I am adamently opposed to LO watching tv. Well I atleast try to direct her attention from it. I am aware of the negative effects but maybe a little too anal about it.

Lame I know. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, I had one. We bought a new water table last week. Well, we took it outside and after a while I saw a bee buzzing around. I freaked out and we went inside. I have peeked out the window every day this week and havent seen any flying insects, but I'm still too afraid to take her out there again. I am a pansy. 

Edit: Actually I did face my fear and take her outside today. No bees. So this confession is invalid... 

• Options

imageJuneBugsMommy:

We didn't baby proof until we needed to and then it was just what DS tried to get into/could hurt himself on.

My FFC: DS watched the same Baby Einstein today.. 4 times! It's the only thing that keeps his attention long enough for me to get anything done and keeps him from whining at my legs all.day.long!
    y

I also let Liv watch Baby Einstein when I really want to get the dishes done. When I need to vacuum, I put her in the play pen and turn on the DVD. She doesn't entertain herself with toys long enough for me to get anything done. I used to feel bad. My friend referred to it as "letting the tv babysit." I think some moms are a little too judgmental about tv. It's not like I leave it on for her everyday and for hours.

The other thing I let her do when I am in the kitchen prepping food or doing dishes is let her play in the pantry. She is just so amused with everything in there. Big Smile

• Options
    imageTurtle143:

imageJuneBugsMommy:

y

I also let Liv watch Baby Einstein when I really want to get the dishes done. When I need to vacuum, I put her in the play pen and turn on the DVD. She doesn't entertain herself with toys long enough for me to get anything done. I used to feel bad. My friend referred to it as "letting the tv babysit." I think some moms are a little too judgmental about tv. It's not like I leave it on for her everyday and for hours.

The other thing I let her do when I am in the kitchen prepping food or doing dishes is let her play in the pantry. She is just so amused with everything in there. Big Smile

I'll let DD watch some TV from time to time.  I feel bad sometimes but she wants to be entertained constantly.  Now that's she's cruising better it's a little easier, but if I have a bunch of stuff to get ready for dinner I put on Yo Gabba Gabba and she'll sit through the whole thing. 

• Options
    imagejporqueler:

Here is a lame one: often I live by the motto "survial of the fittest" when it comes to LO, even say it too (I am a science teacher). In the sense that she can play in dirt or put a shoe in her mouth and I don't freak out-something FTM usually do then relax with 2nd child but I am adamently opposed to LO watching tv. Well I atleast try to direct her attention from it. I am aware of the negative effects but maybe a little too anal about it.

Lame I know. 

This is me. I'm laid back about most things, but she has never watched more than 1-2 minutes of TV that she catches on at a restaurant or something. We even move her so she isn't looking at it, and at home we never leave it on in the room if she's playing in there. Almost every parent I know lets their kid watch TV. It may be no big deal, it may be a big deal. We can't know, and honestly I don't find it that hard to keep her away from it. We just watch way less TV than we used to. 

ETA - after rereading my response it does sound kind of judgy...and i wanted to add that I REALLY don't feel that way about it at all. Almost all of my friends let their kids watch TV, and I don't think bad of them one bit for it! We feel like this is what's right for our kiddo, so that's what we're doing.  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    C is kind of a bully (ok, a lot), and I'm actually perfectly ok with it.  :)  I want him to learn manners, ask, share, blah blah blah... but I'm glad he's not a pansy.  It made me proud when he full on tackled his older cousin.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imageTurtle143:

I do this too!  The cabinet with rice, pasta, coffee, tea, etc keeps her so busy- I Iet her pull it all out and just prep food and cook around her.  DH put a lock on that cabinet so she couldn't play in there anymore and I just take it off and let her have at it!  It's that or she's on my leg and screaming or getting into other trouble. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"